Regional Compliance Coordinator
WinnCompanies is searching for a hands on, knowledgeable and detail-oriented Regional Compliance Specialist to join our corporate Compliance team in Fresno, CA. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring that all policies and procedures from Winn and Affordable Housing agencies are communicated to, and implemented by, site managers and senior staff. You will be responsible for establishing a network of training, completing compliance reviews, monitoring property-specific compliance requirements, and providing direct support to the assigned portfolios to ensure properties are meeting or exceeding regulatory requirements across various agencies and organizations.
*This Regional Compliance Coordinator will be based out of the Fresno Regional Office or Los Angeles.
- Perform regular on site and remote audits, both scheduled and unscheduled, and assist sites in preparation of, attend, and ensure timely and complete response to agency audit findings
- Manage and monitor efforts of various departments during lease up or program conversion of new and existing properties to ensure owner and investor expectations are met or exceeded
- Analyze and interpret regulatory documents to ensure proper setup of property management software for new and existing assets; manage and correct as necessary through helpdesk ticketing system
- Collaborate with Corporate Compliance to design, develop, and deliver trainings through either direct delivery or coordination with existing trainings provided through professional organizations
- Review, revise, disseminate, and implement policies and procedures to reflect new or changing agency and/or company requirements
- Collaborate with various departments to drive overall property performance through monitoring, reporting, communicating, and tracking key indicators of financial and programmatic requirements
- Provide direct support and routine accessibility to internal and external customers within the assigned portfolio through attendance at regularly scheduled meetings, conference or direct calls, email, and completion of helpdesk tickets
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Prior experience in affordable housing programs and management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Excel, Word and Outlook
- Knowledge of the Yardi software system is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team leadership skills and customer service skills
- Demonstrated organizational, record keeping and interpersonal skills
- Certified Occupancy Specialist, C3P, CAM, CAPS, NAHP and/or SHCM
- Experience in a regional managerial position
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
What We Can Offer You
Great Benefits: We offer benefits including health & dental plan options, generous time off and paid holidays, 401(k) and education reimbursement opportunities that’s best for you and your family.
With 3,600 team members working across 500+ locations in 23 states and D.C., WinnCompanies is the #1 manager of affordable housing and a leader in developing and managing mixed-use properties, market rate properties and military housing.
Operations, sales, compliance, maintenance, marketing, IT, HR, accounting and finance. No matter your passion, your work at Winn will impact people who are more than just residents to us. They’re individuals, families and heroes.
- Job Family Compliance
- Fresno, CA, USA