Assistant Service Manager
Our values represent what we as a company strive to achieve every day. We strive to be Best in Class, to be Accountable, to be Solution-Oriented and to be Caring. Come grow with us!
The Assistant Service Manager is responsible for maintaining the physical integrity of the property and assisting the Property Manager and the Maintenance Supervisor with the overall operation of the community. This includes maintaining a safe and sanitary living environment for residents, guests, visitors and staff. The Assistant Maintenance Supervisor assists with all aspects of the property's maintenance including the physical grounds, custodial, preventive, corrective, deferred and emergency. This person is also responsible for helping to oversee an effective maintenance program to protect and maintain the property.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: One must be able to perform the essential functions of the job; which include, but are not limited to the following (Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs):
- Effectively communicate with residents, guests, visitors and staff.
- Monitor all community maintenance work, service requests, punch-outs, building inspections and preventative maintenance.
- Assign work to maintenance staff and ensure all that all work has been completed in a safe, prompt and professional manner in accordance with Fair Housing and OSHA regulations.
- Communicate with managers about demonstrated concerns of the community.
- Provide training and mentor the maintenance staff.
- Maintain inventory of equipment, tools, and supplies. Purchase supplies as required, using standard purchase order system and property bidding procedures.
- Serve as a role-model for maintenance staff by following all policies and procedures.
- Schedule, supervise, and inspect other maintenance staff and the work performed by outside contractors.
- Pool care as required by property.
- Present an appearance appropriate to the image of the company and the community.
- Complete additional duties as requested by the Property Manager or Maintenance Supervisor.
The Assistant Maintenance Supervisor must have the ability to install, service, replace and repair the following items in a responsible and professional manner that meets industry standards. These responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Wall molding
- Countertops and cabinets
- Window screens and blinds
- Interior and exterior doors
- Electrical circuits, receptacles, breakers, switches and fuses
- Light fixtures
- Appliances such as stoves, refrigerators, washers, dryers, dishwashers
- Toilets, sinks, vanities and disposals
- Boiler and storage room inspection and cleaning
- Rodent control
- Stair treads and cove basing
- Minor drywall damages
- Sub flooring, wall studs and floor joists
- Gas, copper, PVC and steel water pipes
- Hydronic heat and HVAC units, radiators and baseboard heat
- Painting and apartment turnover
- Snow removal
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have the basic proficiency of reading and writing of the English language.
- Minimum three years full-time maintenance experience in the multifamily housing industry or minimum five years’ general maintenance experience.
- Two- four years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of work safety habits.
- Supply basic tools (see tool list).
- Valid drivers’ license and reliable transportation.
- Able to work on-call and extended hours (including after hours and weekends).
- Willingness and ability to learn additional software packages as they relate to the business.
The Assistant Maintenance Supervisor must demonstrate a high level of experience and knowledge of general maintenance, carpentry, painting, refurbishing, plumbing, electricity, appliances and HVAC in both theory and practical application. Type I and Type II CFC certification is desired.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Able to physically perform the following duties for prolonged periods of time:
- Unassisted lifting up to 80 pounds.
- Bending, Walking, Kneeling, Stretching.
- Able to work on step ladders or extension ladders up to 30 feet.
- Able to work in confined spaces, indoors and outdoors in all climates, and unclean environments with fumes, dust and poor ventilation while adhering to company safety requirements and programs.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Rosedale, MD, USA