Our values represent what we as a company strive to achieve every day. We strive to be Best in Class, to be Accountable, to be Solution-Oriented and to be Caring
This position is responsible for the day-to-day operations of a portfolio of commercial and residential properties . Responsibilities include overseeing all staff in the performance of maintenance, leasing, tenant relations and financial reporting functions. This position reports directly to the Regional Manager. Responsibilities include but, are not limited to:
- Manage the properties for which responsible in the most efficient and profitable manner possible, given existing marketing conditions, as well as creating the greatest possible satisfaction and well-being of all other individuals associated with the property, both employees and residents, consistent with the goals and objectives of the company and owner.
- Achieve the highest possible net operating income through the implementation of effective cost control, revenue maximization and delinquency management program.
- Develop yearly operating budgets and sales/marketing plans. Accurately prepare and convey all operational and financial data to the Regional Manager in a timely manner with the assistance of other members of the staff. Work with owners to identify property goals and objectives. Be responsive and receptive to owners’ needs, goals and objectives, which must be clearly described in the yearly operating budgets and sales/marketing plans.
- Work with Accounting team to analyze monthly performance and budget projections and compare to annual management plan and budget; adjust strategy accordingly.
- Maintain high customer service standards. Work with staff to promptly respond to resident requests and work with residents and staff to minimize and resolve resident problems and complaints. Follow through to ensure issues are resolved.
- Clearly and effectively communicate with residents, other employees, vendors, supervisors and owners in written and verbal form.
- Develop, write and implement a sales and marketing plan that effectively maximizes rental income and results in high occupancy and competitive pricing through the leasing staff and personal efforts.
- Implement or direct implementation of all policies and procedures as outlined in the company policies and procedures manual. Ensure compliance by employees supervised as necessary.
- Ensure that all physical aspects of the property are at all times fully functional and in an attractive condition, and that all vacant units are kept ready for occupancy. Inspect grounds, building and apartment units on a regular basis. These functions must be consistent with the goals and objectives of the property owner.
- Identify and implement creative programs to increase the property’s value and improve services to residents.
- Understand, analyze and evaluate monthly financial statements and write the property owner’s report in a clear, concise form.
- Adhere to the company’s safety programs, policies and procedures. Promote safe work practices among on-site staff consistent with policies in the WMM Safety Manual.
- Ensure all required weekly, monthly and quarterly reports are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Understand the computer functions and management software package and ensure all required staff is properly trained to perform their computer duties. Operate the computer as required.
- Train and motivate staff to lease apartments by showing the models and/or available units and aggressively sell the products and services of the property to which they are assigned.
- Be able, as necessary, to deliver resident gifts, inspect units on a move-in day to ensure units are ready and assist with planning and hosting of resident functions.
- Manage the property lease renewal program. Maximize resident renewals. It is a goal of the Property Manager to have no month-to month residents.
- Maintain thorough product knowledge of own property and that of major competition through site visits and tours as well as telephone surveys. Prepare marketing data reports as required.
- As necessary, prepare all lease related paperwork in an accurate and timely manner. Be able to explain all lease documents to new and existing residents. Ensure all documents are completed prior to resident move-in.
- Follow established policy and procedures in the qualification, screening and acceptance of applicants for residency.
- Identify and analyze problems and potential problems. Develop and implement decisions that help the property achieve the owner’s objectives and that are consistent with management company’s policies and procedures.
- Plan and organize present and forecast workloads.
- Effectively disseminate all information and instructions necessary for others, including supervisors, peers and subordinates to do their work. Advise employees on a regular basis how they are performing their specific job.
- Be observant for any problem that could be a hazard or potentially dangerous situation for residents, staff, guests and the public. This includes condition of pool gates, fencing, lighting, trip hazards, etc.
- This individual has authorities to authorize, purchase and approve invoices within the corporate guidelines.
- Requires a high school education or equivalent.
- Requires minimum of five years previous experience in property management or related field.
- Previous experience on Class A+ property dealing with both residential, commercial and retail spaces and tenants alike.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak English fluently and excellent communication skills.
- Requires the ability to accurately perform advanced business mathematical functions such as calculation of percentage and ratios and the ability to understand and perform all on-site management software functions.
- Requires strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Requires strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize wisely.
- Requires professional appearance and demeanor.
- Requires good understanding of sales and marketing concepts and the ability to develop, implement and evaluate market plans.
- Requires knowledge of on-site maintenance requirements including dealing with vendors and contractors.
- Requires the ability to accurately perform advanced business mathematical functions
- Requires the ability to operate and understand personal computer functions and management software packages.
- Requires high level of self-control under difficult or emergency situations.
- Requires the ability to drive without jeopardizing the safety of the prospects, residents, fellow employees or the general public.
- Requires the ability to answer telephones courteously and clearly, and respond to inquiries with correct information.
- Pay Type Salary
- Halethorpe, MD 21227, USA