This position will be accountable for all aspects of a portfolio of mixed-use properties; assisting the team with timely and accurate information reporting including computing, classifying, recording and verifying numerical data for use in maintaining property accounting records.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for preparing all journal entries and the monthly G/L close for all properties in assigned portfolio.
- Perform/review bank account reconciliations and conduct balance sheet reconciliation and analysis for the entire portfolio.
- Compile financial statements and analysis for review by the Controller.
- Financial reporting: run monthly and quarterly property reports.
- Respond to requests for internal management reports.
- Prepare deposits and weekly cash flow forecasts.
- Preparation and review of budgets.
- Reconciliation of Vendor statements and Customer payments.
- Job cost tracking, analysis and reporting.
- Interface with Property Managers and senior management on all aspects of accounting for our mixed-use buildings; assist with billing verification and collection matters.
- Respond to inquiries from Executive Management team, investors, and lenders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, plus 3-5 years of related experience; with at least 3 years in a large real estate company.
- Experience with mixed-use buildings is a must, commercial experience is a plus.
- Detail oriented with the ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment – extended hours when necessary.
- Exceptional math aptitude.
- Works with a sense of urgency!
- Proficient with MS Excel.
- Strong communication skills; to communicate at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Understanding of property accounting is a requirement!
- Strong general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, income tax and banking working knowledge.
- Assist with development, implementation, and documentation of internal controls.
- A broad knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Ability to Prioritize/Multitask.
- Self-directed and proactive, able to work independently with broad guidelines.
- Familiarity with Yardi or similar property management accounting system necessary.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Windows 7).
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE!
- Pay Type Salary
- 30a Vreeland Rd, Florham Park, NJ 07932, USA