Compliance Assurance Officer
We are seeking a Compliance Assurance Officer to support our Compliance team located in Westerly, RI. This position has the responsibility of performing monitoring and testing to ensure consumer impacting business units effectively adhere to applicable consumer laws and regulations.
- Report directly to the Senior Vice President/Compliance to provide an independent Second Line of Defense approach to risk-based monitoring and evaluation by focusing on current, high impact compliance risks, developing risk assessments, and providing input over control effectiveness through formal reporting, as well as monitoring remediation activities.
- Establish the scope, objectives, sampling methodology, and test scripts for each compliance monitoring review/test.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of applicable banking/consumer compliance regulations and laws, industry trends, emerging issues, and related banking products (e.g. – lending, deposits, etc.) and ability to understand its applicability to risk management strategies including the scoping of risk evaluations, monitoring, and design of testing plans.
- Utilize knowledge of data analysis tools and techniques to analyze, quantify, and/or assess risks and to evaluate controls to identify potential weaknesses and/or control gaps.
- Clearly document the results or conclusions for testing performed in concise management reports and provide heightened awareness around significant risks and proactive identification, escalation, and remediation of control weaknesses or gaps.
- Review policies and procedures and associated compliance programs to ensure consistency with current applicable banking rules, regulations, and laws.
- Develop and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with mid to senior level management, other internal clients and peers, and Audit.
- Participate in special projects as assigned by the Senior Vice President/Compliance.
- Actively identify and pursue training or continuing education opportunities to further develop overall knowledge of regulatory compliance, banking products and services, industry trends, and emerging risks.
- Education/Background: Bachelor's degree,
- 3 to 5+ years of compliance, risk management, and/or audit experience with a strong focus on risks and controls and compliance risk-based auditing and/or monitoring techniques.
- Practical working knowledge of financial services compliance and operations including the related rules and regulations of the financial services industry to include: FDIC, CFPB, State Law, and other pertinent regulations.
- Demonstrated skill in effectively communicating (verbal and written) results to a diverse audience; ability to work with all levels of management with a focus on collaboration and relationship management.
- Experience with data analysis tools and techniques including advanced concepts of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and/or other analytical software.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work well in a team environment.
- High ethical standards, strong critical thinking, detective, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Autonomous, self-motivated, and flexible with the ability to adapt quickly to change or shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working on projects or initiatives requiring strategic planning/thinking across multiple functional areas and business processes.
- Currently maintains or actively pursuing industry relevant professional certifications in risk management and/or compliance (e.g. – Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) ).
- Comprehensive knowledge of the operational, technical and functional structure of financial services organizations, banking systems, and compliance programs.
Our employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and welfare benefits, paid time-off, work-life program, and a 401(k) plan. We believe employees who are valued, recognized, rewarded and empowered, will achieve personal and professional growth. Apply today and find out why we have been voted one of the Best Places to Work in Rhode Island since 2011!
The Washington Trust Company, and each of its subsidiaries and affiliates are committed to cultivating and promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce. We seek to provide an environment of equal employment opportunity and advancement to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities without regard to race, color, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Click Here to view “EEO is the law poster”. For additional information, please Click Here for EEO supplement poster.
- Job Family Executive
- Job Function Executives
- Pay Type Salary
- Washington Trust Main Office, 23 Broad Street, WESTERLY, Rhode Island, United States of America