Senior Living- Activities Assistant
Joining Wallick Communities' Ashford on Broad as an Activities Assistant is your opportunity to make an impact in the daily lives of our senior residents. At the Ashford on Broad, we take our mission of opening doors to homes, opportunity, and hope seriously through providing exceptional, mission driven care.
The Ashford on Broad is a beautiful community for seniors, cozy apartments, brightly lit halls, and a lively lobby. The Ashford on Broad is a great place for our residents to live, and a great place for you to work.
Come be a part of the team where we are making a difference in residents’ lives - we will help you reach your potential while you help others reach theirs in a comfortable and safe space.
About Your Role as an Activities Assistant: You will give our residents a sense of purpose, worth, and meaning to help them strive as far mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally, and socially as they choose.
- Motivates and encourages resident involvement in the participation in activities
- Maintain the confidentiality of all personnel and medical file information
- Reports information to Activities Director or charge nurse of any problems with difficult or disturbed residents, family, care givers, or staff
- Report all accidents/incidents to your supervisor
- Perform administrative requirements and submit to Activities Director
- Give one-on-one attention to residents if necessary
- Perform other related duties as assigned
How Wallick supports you:
- Pay on-demand (access your money, as soon as, you earn it - at no cost to you!)
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance the first day of the next pay period following the date of hire
- Free meals
- Company provided uniforms
- Gym membership or Fitness equipment reimbursement
- Company paid life and long-term disability insurance
- Voluntary life, short-term disability, accident, critical illness, and hospital indemnity coverage
- Paid time off & Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with a company match after 90 days
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus
- High school diploma or GED desirable
- Able to operate a computer in a window environment
- Previous experience working at an Assisted Living community a plus
- Must be organized and self-motivated
- Ability to communicate in writing and verbally with co-workers, residents, family members and business partners
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret reports
- Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from internal and external sources
- Must be proficient using Microsoft Office
- Ability to apply basic math skills
- Make routine decisions requiring minimal judgment
- Decisions may affect any or all internal
Candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and physical (completed by our Nurse Practitioner) and background check.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 4801 E Broad St, Columbus, OH 43213, USA