Senior Transportation Data Analyst
Senior Transportation Data Analyst / Analysis Team Lead for immediate full-time employment for qualified candidates with expertise in the vehicle transportation field. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute innovative analysis skills to the transportation technology consulting field in the areas of: 1) vehicle transportation electrification, 2) connected and automated vehicles, and 3) advanced vehicle technologies. Qualified candidates will have an advanced degree in engineering or a relevant scientific field. Academia, industry, or national laboratory R&D experience is desired. Leadership experience in an R&D environment is a plus. The position is located in Energetics’ Columbia, MD office, with occasional travel to attend technical meetings (e.g., Washington, DC).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Advanced data analysis, and modeling of energy forecasting, cost-benefit analysis, lifecycle cost analysis. Consumer choice modeling experience is highly-desired.
- Work in coordination with a team of senior and junior data analysts. Assign/manage task assignments for 3-4 data analysts. Project management experience is desired, but not required.
- Assess trends and technical factors related to transportation technology adoption and energy use, including review of relevant regulations and policies impacting the development and deployment of innovative technology
- Develop/perform studies, reports, and other materials on transportation technology trends
- Assess research needs and support roadmap development for transportation technologies development and deployment
- Develop and execute data collection plans; formulate and implement data analysis approaches; synthesize and disseminate key findings to clients
- Advanced (Master’s or PhD) technical degree in an engineering or scientific field
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in the transportation field (can include a combination of advanced degree and relevant work experience)
- Candidates should have an excellent understanding of transportation technologies, the science behind them, and the technical challenges for deployment in today’s market
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, interpersonal, and written)
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to effectively self-manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work within a diverse team
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Comfortable multitasking on time-sensitive tasks without diminished quality of work
- Strong interest in the transportation and energy fields
- U.S. citizenship is required to meet federal contract requirements.
- Occasionally travel to attend technical meetings (e.g., Washington, DC).
- Transportation Systems Analysis
- Energy sector, specifically transportation with an emphasis on on-road vehicle applications
- Analytical model design, development, and execution (e.g. consumer choice, cost-benefit, and lifecycle)
- Data analysis, results summarization, data visualization (e.g., Python, R, PowerBI, and Excel)
- Familiarity with the following is desired (ordered by priority):
- Light-, Medium-, and Heavy-Duty Engines and Vehicles
- Advanced vehicle technologies and applications for energy/transportation system efficiency and/or emissions reduction
- Vehicle powertrain electrification and charging infrastructure
- Connected and automated vehicle technologies, use cases, and near-term priority applications
- Advanced analytic and data visualization
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or demonstrated experience in program and project management
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Job Family Operations
- Job Function General and Operations Manager
- Pay Type Salary
- Energetics HQ MD, 7075 Samuel Morse Dr, Columbia, Maryland, United States of America