Subject Matter Expert | Transportation
Energetics is accepting applications for a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Transportation for immediate employment. This is an exciting opportunity to get involved with transportation technology consulting field. Qualified candidates will be graduates in an engineering or scientific field of interest, as noted below under requirements. The position is for a part time SME that has expertise in a transportation field. Significant utility, industry, or national laboratory R&D experience is preferred. Leadership experience in an R&D environment is a plus. The position is a remote position, with some travel needed to attend technical meetings.
We are currently recruiting for the following expertise. Other areas of transportation expertise will also be considered:
- Transportation Electrification
- Electric vehicle and charging station analytics
- Electric vehicle charging and rates
- Medium and heavy-duty vehicles and off-road equipment
- Batteries, electric motors and power electronics for vehicles
- Transportation System Analysis
- Consumer choice modeling
- Vehicle and system benefits analysis and modeling
- Connected and Automated Vehicles
- Vehicle sensors and autonomous technologies
- Advanced combustion engines and fuels
- Material technologies for vehicle applications
- Transportation technology evaluation, demonstration, and deployment
- Fleet management expertise (conventional and alternative fuel vehicles)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (Not listed in order of importance; other duties may be assigned)
- Analysis of trends and technical factors related to transportation
- Research and analysis of transportation projects
- Research and analysis of regulations and policies impacting development and deployment of transportation technologies
- Development of studies, reports, and summaries related to transportation technology trends
- Research needs assessment and roadmaps for transportation technology development.
- Qualifications & Experience:
- Requires an advanced degree in an engineering or scientific field
- Equivalent combination of knowledge and specialized experience may be acceptable in lieu of a degree.
- Candidates must have at least 10 years of relevant experience in the field of transportation
- Candidates should have excellent understanding of transportation technologies, the science behind them, and their technical challenges for deployment in today’s market
- Demonstrated experience in program and project management a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with advanced Excel skills preferable
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, interpersonal, and written)
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to excel working on self-managed tasks
- Ability to work within a diverse team
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
- Comfortable in multitasking on time-sensitive tasks without diminished quality of work
- Strong interest in the energy field
*The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
- Job Family Operations
- Job Function General Strategy Consultants
- Pay Type Hourly