SUMMARY: As part of a leading global aerospace distributor, this position will be directly responsible for Supply Chain functions related to day-to-day business and strategic long-term planning success. Will perform work in aviation ERP system and analysis in an advanced business intelligence system, to include planning, forecasting, and buying of material required for distribution. It will require a detail-oriented self-starter with exceptional computer knowledge and analytical skills.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Understanding of Microsoft PowerBI or similar, analyzing a complete business plan; followed by dashboards, reports, visualizations, and interactive (auto-updated from Component Control Quantum ERP system) analysis of the plan and associated metrics, KPIs, trending, cost control, comparison, what-if queries, etc.
- Using PowerBI, develop ways to assist with planning and forecasting proper levels of material required to be purchased for distribution.
- Assist with ERP system optimization, in order to produce the appropriate inputs into PowerBI.
- Creating Purchase Orders in ERP system for vendors, ensuring proper information flow into PowerBI.Continuous follow up on open orders for accuracy and need.
- Modeling and analysis of potential new product lines and inventory investments.
- Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates in order to determine the best bid among potential suppliers
- Leads aspects of strategic sourcing, which may include, Statement of Work (SOW) and Request for Proposal (RFP) preparation, proposal evaluation, price/cost analysis, contract negotiation, vendor management, and contract administration
- Prepares purchase orders and sends copies to suppliers and to departments originating requests
- Negotiates and settles with suppliers regarding damage claims, rejections, losses, return of materials, over-shipments, cancellations, and engineering change orders
- Oversees and/or conducts supplier site visits as necessary
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Information Systems / Technology, Engineering or similar (highly recommended), or comparable experience (3-5 years)
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Effective time management, able to identify and prioritize tasks necessary to meet long and short-term objectives
- Statistical Analysis and Modeling
- Team oriented, resourceful and fast learner
- Proficient in MS Office suite, strong Excel skills and experience with Microsoft PowerBI or other BI tool
- Knowledge of Component Control Quantum is a plus
The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. VSE considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Procurement
- Pay Type Salary
- Miami, FL, USA