The Mainframe Administrator is responsible for the overall system design. Documents development requirements for database, applications, and operation system environment. Consults with end users to test and debug applications to meet client needs. Serves as expertise in all aspects of designing and application development.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Mastery of the Social Security Administration (SSA) systems development lifecycle (Development, Integration, Training, and Production).
- Maintain internal application security controls, CICS parameter files, CA-TOP SECRET records, Strong working knowledge of CA-TOP SECRET mainframe security administration
- Experience with audit and the security review process for CA-TOP SECRET
- Good knowledge of z/OS components and security calls
- Time Sharing Option/Interactive Systems Productivity Facility (TSO/ISPF)
- Job Control Language (JCL)
- Independently service requests to enable/disable different levels of user access or research and resolve mainframe access issues, Researching and troubleshooting information security issues, test and analyze new processes or procedures, implementing solutions, analyzing results and providing post-implementation support.
- Providing customer support for complex IT systems and services. Diagnose and troubleshoot security-related issues and implement solutions that meet customer needs and are in compliance with applicable agency and federal policy.
- Develop and maintain application processes and develop or maintain system documentation, such as: user guides, standard operating procedures (SOPs), policy and advisory guidance, etc.
- Interprets IT security policy, guidelines, and procedures for systems which are typically accessed by a moderate to large user community, and which process multiple applications requiring differing security controls.
- Top Secret Administrator experience for 3 to 5 years.
- Assist in dataset registration.
- Top Secret administration and guidance/support by implementing access to batch jobs, coordinate Top Secret changes, support the annual profile review. update profiles to remove, modify, or delete users.
- Job Family Information Technology
- Job Function Production
- Pay Type Salary
- Baltimore, MD, USA