• Performs limited aspects of technical supply management work (e.g., inventory management, storage management, cataloging, and property utilization) related to depot, local, or other supply activities.* • Work usually is segregated by commodity area or function, and controlled in terms of difficulty, complexity, or responsibility.*
• Assignments usually relate to stable or standardized segments of technical supply management operations or to functions or subjects that are narrow in scope or limited in difficulty.*
• Work generally involves individual case problems or supply actions.*
• Requires consideration of program requirements together with specific variations in or from standardized guidelines.*
* Essential function.
JOB REQUIREMENTS *
• High school diploma with at least 2 years of experience.
• Good working knowledge of the governing supply systems, programs, policies, nomenclature, work methods, manuals, or other established guidelines and an understanding of the needs of the organization serviced.
• Analytical ability to define or recognize the dimension of the problems involved, to collect the necessary data to establish the facts, and take or recommend action based upon application or interpretation of established guidelines.
• Current Secret Clearance preferred, the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance is required for continued employment.
• Valid VA drivers’ license is required.
• Eligibility for (and ability to maintain) CAC and Special Access Badge.
• Local training licenses and/or certification may be required.• The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.VSE considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Think Analytically, Effective Verbal Communication, Effective Written Communication, Make Decisions, Observe/Examine Details, Remember Details, Interpret Data, Discriminate Colors, Concentrate on Tasks, Adjust to Changes, Handle Stress/Emotions
Regular Attendance, Maintain Work Schedule, Irregular Hours, On Call Hours, Attend Meetings, Meet Deadlines, Keyboard/Type, Use, Math/Calculations, Stay Organized, and Operate Equipment.
Stand, Sit, Walk, Talk, Climb (Stairs/Ladders), Push or Pull, Balance, Bend, Stoop, Kneel, Crouch, Craw, Reach, Talk, Hear, See, Repetitive Motion, Eye/Hand Coordination, Fine Manipulation, Lifting Up to 25 Pounds, Carrying Up to 25 Pounds
Fumes/Mists, Gases/Odors, Dust/Dirt, Wet/Slippery Surfaces, Humid, Extreme Temperatures, Mechanical Hazards, Electrical Hazards, Chemical Hazards, Radiant Energy Hazards, Explosives Hazards, Burn Hazards, Vibration, Sharp Objects/Tools, Heavy Machinery, Moving Parts, Noise
- Job Family Operations
- Job Function Stock Clerks- Stockroom, Warehouse, or Storage Yard
- Pay Type Hourly
- Norfolk, VA, USA