SUMMARY:The warehouse manager is responsible for various management, organization and planning tasks to maintain high performance of the warehouse’s receiving, storage, and shipment processes, including overseeing warehouse staff and working closely with other departments to coordinate warehouse activities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunity.
- Supervise the activities of workers engaged in receiving, storing, and shipping products.
- Inspect physical conditions of warehouses and equipment and order testing, maintenance, repairs, or replacements.
- Order and maintain adequate levels of warehouse supplies.
- Confer with department heads on warehouse activities, such as shipping or records control, to ensure customer satisfaction and operational goals are met. Make recommendations for continuous improvements.
- Coordinate with quality team to address customer concerns, identify root causes and improve processes for receiving product, managing inventory and shipping product.
- Develop and implement effective warehouse layout that accounts for product flow, equipment and product handling systems.
- Administer company safety policy and procedures in compliance with a healthy work environment and legal requirements.
- Monitor air and surface pickups, deliveries, and distribution of products or materials.
- Examine products or materials to estimate quantities or weight and type of container required for storage or transport.
- Arrange for necessary shipping documentation and contact customs officials to effect release of shipments.
- Examine invoices and shipping manifests for conformity to tariff and customs regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in lieu of degree
- 5+ years of warehouse operations experience in Aviation with 3+ years in a people leader role
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Teams)
- Data entry, data analysis, basic statistical aptitude, and problem-solving skills
- Able to coordinate the work and activities of others by building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Ability to travel as needed
- Experience preparing commercial invoices, filing AES, and knowledge of customs regulations and U.S. export rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of Quantum Control Software
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 and/or AS9120
- Hazmat and Forklift certified
The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.VSE considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Operations
- Job Function Transportation, Storage and Distribution Manager
- Pay Type Salary
- Miami, FL, USA