The EH&S Manager for the project's 819 personnel will manage a staff of seven employees in the implementation of the EH&S Program.The EH&S Manager will manage the EH&S Program for three companies in the LRC's unpopulated joint venture. The EH&S Manager will coordinate the medical programs, accident reporting, insurance claims handling, EH&S related employee training, safety programs, environmental regulatory compliance, record keeping, communication of inspection and audit results, and overall EH&S performance.In addition, the EH&S Manager will collaborate with Ft. Benning contract representatives, Post Safety, Environmental Management Division, and State regulatory agencies as necessary.
Provides technical support and verifies compliance with company and client Environmental, Health and Safety policies, Occupational Safety and Health Administration regulations, and other job-specified procedures or standards. Keeps abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization. Plans and implements Environmental, Health and Safety aspects of project-related work, including allocation of personnel and resources to adequately handle projects and assist with regulatory compliance. Schedules, coordinates, and conducts project EH&S audits and inspections to identify and assist in correcting unsafe and unhealthy work conditions or practices. Communicates results of audits and overall Environmental, Health and Safety performance to management as necessary. Implements procedures for group medical programs, accident reporting, insurance claims handling, employee EH&S training, and EH&S record keeping ensuring that the frequency of work-related accidents, injuries, illnesses, and EH&S inspection violations does not create a significant financial impact to the company. In addition, develops, implements, and tracks risk assessments and corrective action reports (CARs) to eliminate workplace hazards. Evaluates the effectiveness of loss control programs and implements corrective action. Participates in EHS and management/project council meetings. Evaluates proposals from an EH&S impact and technical approach. May also take active role presenting proposals to prospective clients. Decides on the resource levels necessary to ensure proper manpower utilization and to provide technical project support. Supervises EH&S coordinators, technicians and assistants and manages their performance through goal setting, ongoing assessment, and coaching. Partners with management to ensure that projects are supported, completed, within the allotted budget and comply with all EH&S regulatory standards. Ability to effectively resolve complex EH&S issues is required. Internal contacts include business line leads, risk management personnel, Environmental, Health and Safety personnel, office managers, supervisors, and the work force. External contacts include clients at work locations, government representatives and regulatory agencies.
- Provides technical project support.
- Supervises EH&S coordinators/technicians and managing their performance through goal setting, ongoing assessment, coaching, and partnering with business line leads, risk management personnel, and program/project managers to ensure that projects are supported and completed on time and within the allotted budget.
- Resolves standard and non-standard problems.
- Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion. Coordinates work activities with other supervisors.
- Typically, does not perform the work being supervised.
- Has formal supervisory responsibilities.
- Has in-depth knowledge of work processes and tools within own area.
- Uses operational and supervisory expertise to solve problems within own area.
- Interprets customer needs and assesses requirements.
- Sets day-to-day direction for employees to support business objectives.
- Works within budget to meet operational objectives set by Program Manager.
- Resolves routine problems using defined processes and own experience.
- Coordinates resources to meet short-term objectives.
- Sets priorities for employees to meet deadlines.
- Explains difficult issues and obtains agreement as needed.
- Manages performance of employees through task assignments, ongoing skill assessment and coaching.
- Has at least five years of experience.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Job Family Legal & Compliance
- Pay Type Salary
- Fort Benning, GA 31905, USA