Materials & Repair Manager
SUMMARY:As part of a leading global aerospace distributor, this position will be directly responsible for the successful implementation of an advanced materials management system to track the purchase, repair and exchange of aviation engine related LRUs. Additional functions will be planning, forecasting and buying of other material required for distribution. It will require a detail-oriented self-starter with exceptional analytical skills.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- LRU core/repair/exchange management within Component Control Quantum ERP system.
- Customer facing, OEM and MRO interactions and correspondence.
- Understanding of Microsoft PowerBI dashboards, reports, visualizations, and interactive (auto-updated from Component Control Quantum ERP system) analysis of the plan and associated metrics, KPIs, trending, cost control, comparison, what-if queries, etc.
- Using PowerBI, develop ways to assist with planning and forecasting proper levels of material required to be purchased and managed for distribution.
- Assist with ERP system optimization, in order to produce the appropriate inputs into PowerBI.
- Creating Purchase Orders in ERP system for vendors, ensuring proper information flow into PowerBI.
- Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates in order to determine the best bid among potential suppliers
- Leads aspects of strategic sourcing, which may include, Statement of Work (SOW) and Request for Proposal (RFP) preparation, proposal evaluation, price/cost analysis, contract negotiation, vendor management, and contract administration
- Prepares purchase orders and sends copies to suppliers and to departments originating requests
- Negotiates and settles with suppliers regarding damage claims, rejections, losses, return of materials, over-shipments, cancellations, and engineering change orders
- Oversees and/or conducts supplier site visits as necessary
- Other duties assigned
- Potential for 2nd and/or 3rd shift AOG response duties from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Information Systems / Technology, Engineering or similar, or comparable experience (3-5 years)
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Effective time management, able to identify and prioritize tasks necessary to meet long and short-term objectives
- Statistical Analysis and Modeling
- Team oriented, resourceful and fast learner
- Proficient in MS Office suite, strong Excel skills and experience with Microsoft PowerBI or other BI tool
- Knowledge of Component Control Quantum
The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and a pre-employment drug screening.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.VSE considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Procurement
- Pay Type Salary
- Miami, FL, USA