Mechanical Planner Estimator (Contingent)
SUMMARY: VSE Corporation is seeking for a Mechanical Planner Estimator (Contingent) to join our Egypt In-Country Ship Repair Team. This work is in support of the industrial maintenance, repair and overhaul of Egyptian Navy vessels for Egypt In-Country covered under the Follow On Technical Support effort.
Applicant must have a working knowledge of site assessment of job scope (ship-checks), estimating labor and material, breakdown and sequencing of tasking, developing work specifications and work packages for production and on-site planning for former US Navy ships undergoing maintenance availabilities and overhauls. Applicant should also have subject matter expertise level of knowledgeable in the estimating, scheduling, and production process relating to naval vessel repair and upgrades.
This is an unaccompanied billet, but the successful applicant can have family member/dependents with them at the successful applicant’s own expense.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful applicant will be required to provide consulting oversight and On-the job (OJT) training to workforce of Egyptian Nationals during the execution of ship availabilities for various ship platforms as required and directed by in-country VSE management.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assessing ship’s material condition, by conducting ship checks, researching ships documents, analysis of ships conditions and test, determining scope of work required by reviewing and validating Work Notifications (2-Kilos) and condition found reports (CRs)
- Interpreting and using all technical and material information available in Navy, Shipbuilder and Manufacturer drawings, technical manuals, documents, or Equipment Manufacture’s data and/or other pertinent commercial data to identify repair and modification requirements and to identify, price and order materials.
- Develop work items/specifications in accordance with company, NAVSEA and commercial class society requirements using company and NAVSEA instructions and pertinent NAVSEA Standard Items, Class Standard Items, and Local Standard Items.
- Qualified applicant must be able to work aboard ships, climbing, bending, and working in confined spaces.
- Position requires frequent interaction with Senior Egyptian Naval Officers and other Egyptian Nationals, professionalism and cultural tolerance is a must for this position.
- Provide detailed and technically accurate written condition, and open and inspection reports.Use technical publications to identify and order required repair parts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate,
- Trade Journeyman work experience or equivalent in a Naval Repair Facility or Commercial Shipyard that specializes in U. S Navy Ship repairs and alterations,
- 10-15 years of shipyard planning experience.
- Must have knowledge of U.S. Navy ship construction, shipboard systems, equipment and their operations,
- Must have experience with developing production planning documents and estimates for work executed at U.S. Navy depot level surface ship maintenance and modernization facilities.
- The preferred candidate has experience as a planner or estimator at Supervisor of Shipbuilding, Conversion and Repair (SUPSHIP) commands, Regional Maintenance Centers (RMCs), Navy Central Planning Activities, Planning for Engineering and Repair Activities at public or private shipyards or other ship repair companies.
- Must have knowledge of intermediate and depot level repair procedures, repair and maintenance standards, quality assurance specifications, and proper use of IMA industrial machinery.
- Must be able to work both independently and with a team.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient with basic computer operation with ability to create and maintain various reports and spreadsheets as required.
- Must be able to interpret vessels blueprints and ship drawings along with research of ships systems manuals to identify problems as they arise.
- Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance.
- Have experience working in an Arab country for long periods of time.
- Ideal candidates for this position include prior SUPSHIP employees, retired Navy and experience with Navy Maintenance Database (NMD) and FFG-7 and/or MHC experience preferred.
- Should have prior shipyard maintenance experience or a working knowledge of expectations and safety protocols related to a shipyard environment.
- As an In-Country-Team member the successful applicant is expected to maintain a good working relationship with Egyptian Navy counterparts in a dynamic work environment.
- The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
- Must be able to obtain a Country Clearance and Base Pass authorization.
- Applicant must have a current passport with at least 2 years prior to expiration after arrival in Egypt.
- A secret security clearance is recommended but not required.
- Successful applicant will be forward deployed in Alexandria Egypt and work as part of a In Country Technical Assistance Team (ICTAT).
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- Alexandria, Alexandria Governorate, Egypt