DPAS Program Portfolio Item Manager (Contingent)
The U.S. Special Operations Command(USSOCOM) Special Operations Forces Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics (SOF AT&L) is responsible for all USSOCOM research, development, acquisition, procurement, and logistics. SOF AT&L works with Government, academia, and industry in meeting its mission to provide rapid and focused acquisition, technology, and logistics support to Warfighters, delivering the most effective capabilities to our Special Operations Forces.
The purpose of this contract is to provide contractor support personnel to assist J4 in implementing and systematically maintaining the Defense Property Accountability System (DPAS) Warehouse, Maintenance & Utilization (M&U), Registry, Property Accountability, Force Management, and Material Management modules across all Special Operation Forces’ supply support activities. DPAS is the only authorized Accountable Property System of Record (APSR) approved by the DOD.
- Provides logistical, financial and IT subject matter expertise on the implementation of DPAS ICP, including making material (property and inventory) accountability procedure and policy recommendations based on system’s functionality for Government approval.
- Plans, manages, and coordinates logistics supply chain support within the item management function within assigned major systems or subsystems with Government approval.
- Oversees integration functions of supply, maintenance, spares procurement, and quality assurance into logistics activities required to sustain fielded systems with Government approval.
- Assists PEO/Product Support Managers (PSM) in the establishment of acquisition milestones pertaining to supply chain management and monitors product support providers throughout the supply chain to ensure schedules are met, deficiencies are identified, and required adjustments are made.
- Analyzes planning and programming documents to determine the nature and scope of acquisition efforts throughout the life-cycle to determine scope, interface requirements, policy issues, and performance criteria impacting current and transitioning systems.
- Assists PEO/PSM to implement Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) plans and milestones as directed by policy and guidance to provide the best product for the user, ensuring the most effective and economical means of support are considered and planned for during all stages of a system’s life cycle.
- Ensures comprehensive consideration of all factors that impact the logistic supply chain with regard to design and support, including emerging technologies, testing, spares procurement strategy, supply support, product support providers, and any required field/depot training.
- Evaluates individual PEO program’s life cycle cost and trade-off parameters to ensure optimal use of product support providers’ supply and resources without degrading operational readiness.
- Recommends deviations from plans based on costs, schedules, and performance to accommodate incorporation of new equipment and/or requirements into assigned systems.
- Develops and validates internal controls and recommends policy and regulatory changes, as well as program enhancements when needed.
- In collaboration with PSM/LCSM, act as Item Manager to gather facts, analyze data, and develop conclusions relative to any life cycle matters having a significant impact on solutions to problems requiring command attention because of their criticality or involvement with high-level policy.
- Performs program level ICP management/maintenance functions within APSR.
- Ensure all personnel are current with any APSR required training.
- Employs the entire Microsoft Office Suite capability to produce manage workload requirements and provide administrative work products.
- Employs matured interpersonal skills, such as action and solution-oriented approach to problem solving, to support DPAS implementation in a fast-paced and fluid environment.
- Master's Degree required in logistics management, supply chain or business related field
- Project Management Certification and 2-3 years with demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects
- Minimum 10 Years of combined experience with DOD or other federal agency in Financial Management, Program Management, IT, Material Management or Logistics
- Minimum 3 years of item management experience
- Minimum 3 years Major Command to Headquarters staff experience Minimum of 5 years' experience in material management utilizing an LIS
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as a government or civilian project or team lead
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- DAU Lifecycle
- Logistics Level I certified
- Secret Clearance
- Bachelor's Degree required in logistics management, supply chain or business related field
- Minimum 10 Years of combined experience with DOD or other federal agency in Financial Management, Program Management, IT, Material Management or Logistics,
Minimum 3 years of item management experience
Minimum 3 years Major Command to Headquarters staff experience
Minimum of 5 years' experience in material management utilizing an LIS
Minimum of 5 years' experience as a government or civilian project or team lead
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
DAU Lifecycle Logistics Level I certified
The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
Think Analytically, Effective Verbal Communication, Effective Written Communication, Observe/Examine Details, Remember Details, Concentrate on Tasks, Adjust to Changes
Regular Attendance, Maintain Work Schedule, Stay Organized, Operate Equipment
Stand, Sit, Walk, Push or Pull, Balance, Bend, Stoop, Kneel, Crouch, Reach, See, Repetitive Motion, Eye/Hand Coordination, Fine Manipulation, Lifting Up to 25 Pounds, Carrying Up to 25 Pounds
Dust/Dirt, Mechanical Hazards, Sharp Objects/Tools, Noise
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Tampa, FL, USA