Field Technician II (Maintenance Mechanic)
VSE Corporation is seeking FIELD TECHNICIAN 2 (Maintenance Mechanic) for our facility located in Ladysmith, VA to perform the following duties:
Duties & Responsibilities
• Interpret and understand technical manuals or other documentation required to independently diagnosis and troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic faults on AAV7A1 Family of Vehicles (FOV) or similar types of vehicles.*
• Assemble, disassemble, and repair AAV7A1 FOV (or similar) equipment and systems.*
• Assist engineers in the development of engineering change proposals.*
• As a technical representative, visit Marine Corps and other service installations and bases to provide onsite inspection and repair.*
• Lead junior mechanics and helpers in the accomplishment of repair task.*
• Work with and have general knowledge of shop procedures as they relate to the maintenance and refurbishment upgrade of various military equipment and systems.*
• Possess the physical ability to perform the job while standing for long periods of time and lift 75 lbs..*
• Other duties as assigned.
* Essential function.
High School Diploma or equivalent or be a recent graduate of military, commercial, or vocational automotive mechanical school.
Minimum of five (5) years of AAV maintenance experience or minimum of three (3) years of AAV RAM/RS maintenance experience.
Must be able to work in a team environment with customers, engineers and other personnel to complete the task.
Able to perform assigned tasks with a minimum of supervision.
Able to work in a team environment with customers, engineers, and other personnel to complete the task.
Effective communicator to maintain continuous liaison with supported activities.
Ability to spend short periods of time in austere field conditions.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Government Common Access Card (CAC).
Must be able to obtain Government Vehicle Operator license within 90 days after hire.
Able to travel on short notice.
Background in AAV7A1 maintenance and USMC and DOD equipment desired.
Highly knowledgeable of power tools, special tools, equipment and common tools required to make repairs.
Knowledge of CTIS, RWS, ECM, ECU TCM, TCU, and VMS maintenance.
Knowledge of tracked vehicle maintenance.
• The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
Think Analytically, Observe/Examine Details, Concentrate on Tasks, Effective Verbal Communication, Remember Details, Adjust to Changes, Effective Written Communication, Interpret Data, Handle Stress/Emotions, Make Decisions, Discriminate Colors
Regular Attendance, Attend Meetings, Use Math/Calculations, Maintain Work Schedule, Meet Deadlines, Stay Organized, Keyboard/Type, Operate Equipment
Stand, Kneel, Smell, Sit, Crouch, Repetitive Motion, Walk, Crawl, Eye/Hand Coordination, Climb (Stairs/Ladders), Reach, Fine Manipulation, Push or Pull, Talk, Lifting Up to 75 Pounds Balance, Hear, Carrying Up to 75 Pounds, Bend, See, Stoop
Fumes/Mists, Mechanical Hazards, Vibration, Gases/Odors, Electrical Hazards, Sharp Objects/Tools, Dust/Dirt, Chemical Hazards, Heavy Machinery, Wet/Slippery Surfaces, Radiant Energy Hazards, Moving Parts, Humid, Noise, Extreme Temperatures, Burn Hazards
- Job Family Operations
- Job Function Engineering Technician
- Pay Type Hourly
- Ladysmith, VA 22546, USA