Senior Payroll Analyst
Miramar Corp Office, 3361 Enterprise Way, Miramar, Florida, United States of America ● VSE HQ Alexandria, 6348 Walker Lane, Alexandria, Virginia, United States of America Req #185
Friday, October 23, 2020
VSE Corporation is seeking a Senior Payroll Analyst to Join their HR Team to perform the duties below. The Role is positioned in the Human Resources Team and Reports to the Corporate Payroll Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure Accurate and Timely processing of payroll.
- Maintain employee confidentiality as it pertains to payroll operations and personal information
- Reconcile YTD data to ensure accurate W2's are generated and process year end W2's.
- Timesheet update, processing and reconciliation.
- Generate and distribute payroll reports for GL and Finance reconciliation
- Provide timely responses to employee inquiries concerning payments and payroll related information.
- Verification and updating of time off accruals in Deltek Costpoint and HRIS
- Assist finance and accounting with GL discrepancies as needed.
- Support Team members as needed with payroll related functions
- Verify state/local tax calculations for accuracy in selection and system functionality
- Manual check processing for payment submission to A/P
- Ad hoc reporting as needed to accommodate business requirements.
- Information tracking for compliance purposes.
- General knowledge of wage assignments and garnishments of all kinds
- Strong problem -solving ability with consideration of SOX audit requirements.
- Bachelors Degree or relevant experience
- Experience with payroll processing (minimum 7 years)
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate with cross functional teams
- Work independently with minimal supervision if remote
- High attention to detail and ability to efficiently handle multiple tasks
- Possess Leadership Skills and ability to adapt to change.
- Experience using payroll software (Ceridian Dayforce Payroll a plus)
- Experience with payroll timekeeper software (Deltek Costpoint a plus)
- Must be able to function well in a high paced environment with hard deadlines
- Computer proficiency with intermediate/advanced skills in Word, Excel, and Windows are needed
- Committed team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills and a good strong work ethic
- Sound organizational skills with focused initiative accomplishing results in a timely and accurately
Think Analytically, Effective Verbal Communication, Effective Written Communication, Make Decisions, Observe/Examine Details, Remember Details, Interpret Data, Discriminate Colors, Concentrate on Tasks, Adjust to Changes, Handle Stress/Emotions
Regular Attendance, Maintain Work Schedule, Irregular Hours, On Call Hours, Attend Meetings, Keyboard/Type, Handle Confidential Info, Use Math/Calculations, Stay Organized, Operate Equipment
Sit, Talk, Hear, See, Repetitive Motion, Eye/Hand Coordination, Lifting Up to 10 lbs., Carrying Up to 10 lbs.
VSE is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
- Job Family Human Resources
- Job Function Production
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 10
- Telecommute % 20
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Job Start Date Monday, November 2, 2020
This posting is inactive.
- Miramar Corp Office, 3361 Enterprise Way, Miramar, Florida, United States of America
- VSE HQ Alexandria, 6348 Walker Lane, Alexandria, Virginia, United States of America