Chief Financial Officer - FDS
SUMMARY: The Federal and Defense Services (FDS) Segment Chief Financial Officer is responsible for the assigned segment’s overall financial forecasting, decision support, commercial underwriting, and financial reporting. The role is instrumental in driving organic sales growth and optimizing current contract profitability. The segment CFO will partner closely with the Segment President and be responsible for both setting strategy and assisting program leaders to execute their plans. The Segment CFO will directly report to the VSE CFO and have dotted-line reporting to the Segment President. In addition, the Segment CFO will directly manage the segment’s Finance team and have dotted-line accountability for the segment’s Accounting organization.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide strategic financial thought leadership to long-range planning and budgeting processes. Assist Executive Leadership Team in formulating growth plans and developing bridge and incentive plans to drive execution.
- Oversee Finance team responsible for forecasting and managing financial performance of existing portfolio. Set and present annual budgets while managing monthly re-forecasting for programs to track performance to financial objectives. Establish and improve existing FP&A (Financial Planning and Analysis) capabilities to measure program performance against budgets and partner with operating leaders to identify areas requiring additional support.
- Lead financial due diligence and oversight for new contracting to ensure programs achieve improved profitability targets and align with Segment strategy.
- Streamline Finance and Accounting operations, seeking to drive connectivity between improved daily financial management and resulting accounting reporting. Standardize and automate reporting. Identify areas to improve speed and transparency of financial reporting for monthly and quarterly close.
- Prepare and present critical financial performance and strategic information to Executive Leadership Team.
- Assist in supporting external audit organizations (financial reporting and government contracting).
- Support corporate-wide initiatives for risk management, insurance, real-estate, and treasury.
- Play a critical role on the extended CFO leadership team. Combine best-in-class accounting processes and people leadership to help build a culture focused on shareholder value creation, financial integrity, and people development.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or similar field.
- 12 – 15 years of progressive experience, including a finance leadership role overseeing divisional reporting. At least 2 years of financial contract management and modeling expertise and 2 years of FP&A expertise.
- Ability to translate financial concepts to collaborate with colleagues outside the accounting organization and present critical financial matters to the executive management team.
- Experience interacting with and leading both internal and external stakeholders.
- Public company divisional financial experience (defense contracting preferred – CAS/FAR)
- Prior public accounting experience with a Big-4 firm or similar
- MBA degree
- Prior experience with Oracle/Hyperion and Costpoint
The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. VSE considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Finance and Accounting
- Pay Type Salary
- VSE HQ Alexandria, 6348 Walker Lane, Alexandria, Virginia, United States of America