1 W Hegeler Ln, Danville, IL 61832, USA Req #183
Monday, March 22, 2021
In accordance with the EHS3 Beauty Core Values and associated EHS3 (Corporate Environmental, Health, Safety, Security & Sustainability) Department Policies, the EHS3 Specialist provides support to site EHS3 Management and/or site Plant Manager/General Manager to continually improve health, environmental, safety and sustainability performance.
Position will report to the Site EHS3 Manager or Regional EHS3 Manager. This is a single site based role; however, providing assistance to other EHS3 locations may be needed periodically.
Work Results & Essential Actions
The following activities may be required of this position. See supervisor and/or performance review document for further details.
• Provide technical assistance concerning site EHS3 issues – site subject matter expert.
• Assist in the establishment and maintenance of EHS3 objectives and targets.
• Coordinate the EHS3 training program, including new hire, contractor and required refresher training.
• Complete routine audits and inspections.
• Coordinate the site EHS3 Committee.
• Coordinate site EHS3 communications.
• Assist in managing incident and injury reporting, investigation and recordkeeping.
• Coordinate the management of worker’s compensation claims.
• Coordinate the site Voyant Beauty Return to Work program.
• Assist in the management of corrective and preventive actions to ensure timely follow-up and implementation.
• Coordinate the site waste management program including sustainability initiatives.
• Ensure the timely completion of all required safety, environmental and sustainability reporting to internal and external interested parties.
• Maintain the site EHS3 recordkeeping program.
• Coordinate site hazard assessments.
• Coordinate site hazard communication program, including SDS management and required training.
• Coordinate and help drive a site process safety management program.
• Manage required environmental permits, reporting, monitoring and recordkeeping.
• Coordinate required environmental permits monitoring and testing.
• Coordinate the facility leadership & employee safety programs.
• Coordinate the site security programs.
• Support site emergency response programs.
• Support hazardous materials transportation compliance.
• Support the site management of change process.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
1) Effective Teaming By
• working effectively with others
• accepting responsibility
• aligning actions with company strategic plan and goals
• showing concern for people and task completion
• participating in the development of other team members
• accepting assignments to accomplish other results and actions as required
2) Effective Communications By
• clearly presenting information orally and/or influencing others through oral presentation
• writing effectively
• expressing opinions maturely in spite of disagreements
• accurately communicating opinions and information to others regardless of their status or position
3) Positive Relationships By
• communicating with others while simultaneously building credibility and rapport
• listening effectively and encouraging the open expression of ideas and opinions
• satisfactorily resolving conflict with others
• carefully protecting confidential information
• respecting the feelings of others
• being aware of interpersonal impact
4) Work Accomplishments & Achievements By
• driving for results and closure
• persisting despite obstacles and opposition
• self-directing to get results
• achieving despite difficult personalities
• making long and short-range plans
Technical degree in engineering, science, safety, industrial hygiene or similar discipline.
Equivalent experience will be considered.
2+ years of safety or environmental compliance experience in a manufacturing environment.
Basic knowledge and understanding of applicable federal, state and local environmental, health and safety regulations is required.
Experience in the chemicals or consumer products industry is a plus.
Experience with process safety management requirements is a plus.
Self-driver focusing on continuous improvement.
Ability to collaborate, work beyond obstacles and build trust with impacted departments.
Strong organization skills and ability to prioritize workload based on impact and facility goals.
Ability to drive change by taking projects from proposal to implementation.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, financial reports, or governmental regulations.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures.
Ability to effectively present information in a public setting.
Must be fluent in English.
Travel & Availability
On-the-job required travel time: Under 25%
Mathematical & Computer skills
Ability to perform intermediate math such as basic algebra and geometry.
Proficient computer skills with MS Office, MS Word, MS Excel or equivalent programs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exits.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
This position primarily requires an employee to walk and perform tasks in an industrial environment and can involve sitting for extended periods of time at a computer work station.
Ability to walk and stand up to 50% of the time and climb ladders occasionally.
Ability to wear all required PPE, including respiratory protection, and work as an emergency responder for health, chemical, fire or weather related incidents.
Employees filling this position must be able to hear, talk, and see to be able to adequately fulfill their position’s responsibilities.
Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
Exposure to environmental conditions
This position may require the employee to enter industrial areas and environments that are wet, hot, cold, humid, dusty and/or noisy.
- Pay Type Salary
- 1 W Hegeler Ln, Danville, IL 61832, USA