Human Resources Generalist
1 W Hegeler Ln, Danville, IL 61832, USA
Wednesday, March 10, 2021
Voyant Beauty is seeking to add a seasoned Human Resources Generalist to join our team in Danville, IL. In partnership with the site Sr. Human Resources Manager, this position is responsible for administration and promotion of Human Resources initiatives that support an employee-oriented, high performance culture emphasizing excellence, productivity and goal attainment. Your Generalist strengths and experience should include supporting hourly staffing and talent acquisition, labor relations, new hire training, employee relations, and on/off boarding. In addition, the Human Resources Generalist will communicate and implement company policies and procedures and tracks relevant data to ensure compliance with company standards and legal regulations. This is an ideal opportunity for a strong HRG seeking growth, development and future career opportunities.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Maintains grievance process and enforces collective bargaining agreement.
- HR Department metric reporting and analysis
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open production positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conducts or acquires pre-employment background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Administers the attendance programs for hourly employees and assist with leave administration for all employees
- Administers new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors
- Attends and participates in employee counseling/coaching conversations, disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations as well as company policies
- Conducts audits of payroll, benefits or other HR programs and recommends corrective action.
- Assists with the preparation of the annual performance review process.
- Assists with recruitment and interview process.
- Assists or prepares HR department correspondence as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Human Resources or related major
- 1 to 5 years’ related experience
- 2 years’ experience in manufacturing plant HRG experience a plus
- Labor Relations and Union experience a plus.
- SHRM-CP and/or PHR a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our company does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Voyant Beauty complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Start Date
Thursday, April 15, 2021