Voyant Danville, located in Danville, Illinois is a large campus and collectively contain 18 aerosol and liquid filling and packaging lines. Voyant's Danville facilities procure, blend, fill and package a wide variety aerosol and liquid personal care and OTC consumer packaged goods.
Manage and direct all Quality Control laboratory (chemistry and microbiology labs) activities to ensure adherence to all customer and regulatory requirements and finished good product specifications which includes all aspects of manufacturing and packaging. Will work with customers. QC management oversight includes Analytical, Microbiology and Incoming Inspection laboratories. Will oversee a total staff of 21 in the labs.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Manage QC and Incoming personnel and oversee daily testing activities to support the manufacture of regulated and non- regulated products.
- Ensure specific analytical tests and wet chemistry tests on raw materials, in-process, final products, stability goods and incoming testing are assigned to meet the schedule.
- Ensure QC personnel perform investigations of out-of-specification and out-of-trend data and communicate effectively and timely to upper management.
- Assist in determining root causes to laboratory investigations and appropriate CAPAs and assessing the effectiveness of the CAPAs.
- Work effectively to resolve issues and ensure consistency of testing techniques and assess occurrences and root causes of OOTs or OOSs
- Develop budget for QC and manage the expenditure for laboratory operation.
- Ensure all testing by chemists is completed according to the schedule and meet all cGMP requirements.
- Ensure analytical instruments’ calibration and maintenance under cGMP regulations.
- Monitor and review analytical instruments’ qualifications and ensure them to meet regulatory requirements.
- Propose and implement solutions to meet customer requests.
- Interface with contract labs regarding QC sample handling and reporting.
- Ensure stability testing is performed per procedure requirements.
- Review and approve data. Evaluate and interpret the test results and other related technical documentation.
- Maintain test data, records and related laboratory documents.
- Communicate with external suppliers or service providers regarding quality issues.
- Responsible for managing teams’ performance and applicable quality metrics.
- Work cross-functionally with departments to help resolve issues.
- Establish SOPs and standard test methods for the QC laboratory operations and supervise and train staff. Modify procedures as needed to improve overall lab efficiency and compliance.
Minimum Education and Experience
- BS degree in Chemistry or Microbiology. Masters Degree ideal
- 5+ years of combined chemistry and microbiology experience in regulated industry.
- At least 3 years managing or supervising a medium sized laboratory (chemistry or microbiology) with high volume throughput.
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects
- Experience using HPLC, GC, UV, IR, Auto Titrators, office software (MS Excel, MS Word, etc)
- Hands on Aseptic technique experience
- Strong problem solving ability in analytical chemistry with strong written and verbal communication, and organization skills.
- Ability to maintain detailed and accurate records
- Knowledge of FDA regulations, ICH guidelines, CFR, USP/NF and validation guidelines
- Good technical writing skills and customer relationship experience
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a career with Voyant Beauty!
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our company does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.
Voyant Beauty provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Voyant Beauty complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.