FLEET SAFETY LIAISON
The Fleet Safety Liaison ensures compliance with all company safety policies, procedures, and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSRs). She or he is responsible for the assessment of fines for violations listed in the Progressive Disciplinary Program and problem-solving agency/van operator performance issues. The ideal person will hit the ground running by providing quality service to agents and van operators in the safety area.
At UniGroup, we seek to be humble, nimble, creative, hardworking and collaborative - and believe these are the keys to reaching our current and future goals. We’re an inclusive culture where asking hard questions in order to encourage and architect open-minded solutions for each other, customers, agents, suppliers, and our surrounding communities is essential to #LOVEWHEREYOUWORK.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of and complies with FMCSRs and UniGroup corporate safety policies.
- Possesses knowledge of the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA) commercial motor vehicle/driver Out-of-Service requirements.
- Possesses knowledge of ELD products and related federal regulations.
- Supports UniGroup Safety progressive discipline policies by identifying and assisting van operators and agents that have safety infractions due to unsafe driving, accidents, unqualified usage, late, falsified or improperly completed daily logs, hours-of-service violations, vehicle maintenance and driver fitness.
- Conducts counsel calls and interventions with van operators and Agency Safety Representatives (ASRs) to educate and change behaviors to limit future violations of the FMCSRs.
- Reviews Carrier Profile for safety violations documented at roadside inspections; processes updates and corrections as needed through FMCSA rebuttal system.
- Monitors programs to improve compliance and safety performance
- Coordinates accident reporting information for Insurance, Claims, Operations and Legal.
- Investigates unsafe driving complaints and takes appropriate follow-up action.
- Communicates with ELD vendor to resolve issues and concerns related to device and portal.
- Communicates with agents the importance of the FMCSA’s CSA initiative to ensure compliance and works with them to improve their SPR through positive reinforcement
- Follows all ISO, environmental and sustainability policies.
- Performs a variety of other duties as assigned.
Education, License or Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Transportation, Communications or equivalent experience desired.
- 3-5 years’ experience in the transportation industry or related field.
- Job Function Non-Exempt
- Pay Type Hourly
- Fenton, MO, USA