CASH APPLICATION ANALYST
The Cash Application Analyst processes accounts receivable transactions and prepares deposit tickets. She or he Investigates complex applications and determines appropriate courses of action in order to responds to internal and external customer inquiries about UniGroup's cash application. The ideal candidate will have a strong dual background in data entry (at least 10,000 key strokes per hour or 40WPM) and accounts receivable.
At UniGroup, we seek to be humble, nimble, creative, hardworking and collaborative - and believe these are the keys to reaching our current and future goals. We’re an inclusive culture where asking hard questions in order to encourage and architect open-minded solutions for each other, customers, agents, suppliers, and our surrounding communities is essential to #LOVEWHEREYOUWORK.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares daily deposits and processes debit/credit memos.
- Responsible for recording lockbox transactions, government receipts, and incoming wires.
- Analyzes and determines proper application for incoming payments using distribution information, accounts receivable open items, or payment history.
- Contacts agents and national accounts to ensure timely and accurate application of unapplied monies.
- Investigates inquiries related to cash application from internal and external customers.
- Processes credit card charges and receipts.
- Maintains petty cash box; manages all activities to ensure that cash activities are reconciled per business unit procedures.
- Performs a variety of other duties as assigned.
Education, License or Certification:
Less than two years experience in data entry
We foster diversity, in part, by imposing a strict policy of non-discrimination. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or other status protected by the law.
We value the unique skills and experiences that veterans and separated service members bring to our workforce. While serving our country you have gained skills such as leadership, flexibility, and agility, which will help to make you successful here. We are dedicated to supporting military families and ensuring that we provide a welcoming environment for our country’s heroes. We hope you consider joining the UniGroup family.
UniGroup is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, UniGroup will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com
- Job Function Non-Exempt
- Pay Type Hourly
- St. Louis, MO, USA