CARGO CLAIMS SPECIALIST
UniGroup is currently seeking a professional with an operational mindset who is committed to continuous improvement. She or he is passionate about reducing operating expenses while increasing on-time delivery. And will be able to investigate, evaluate, and adjust cargo claims, such as lost or damaged goods, in addition to other claim functions and projects for the department.
At UniGroup, we seek to be humble, nimble, creative, hardworking and collaborative - and believe these are the keys to reaching our current and future goals. We’re an inclusive culture where asking hard questions in order to encourage and architect open-minded solutions for each other, customers, agents, suppliers, and our surrounding communities is essential to #LOVEWHEREYOUWORK.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates and settles household goods and logistic claims for all lines of business.
- Evaluates claims for reasonableness, necessary action, liability, and compliance with federal regulations, operating tariffs, contract provisions, claims policies, and standard claim practices and procedures.
- Investigates and gathers information necessary to allocate settlement to the responsible parties.
- Demonstrates decision making authority and takes initiative to consider settlement options outside of the standard claims settlement guidelines.
- Performs extensive communication with agents, shipping customers, military offices, installations, government bureaus, national account contacts, and UniGroup personnel.
- Performs a variety of other duties as assigned.
Education, License or Certification:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience.
2-5 years’ experience in Business and/or minimum of one year experience in cargo claims preferred.
We foster diversity, in part, by imposing a strict policy of non-discrimination. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or other status protected by the law.
We value the unique skills and experiences that veterans and separated service members bring to our workforce. While serving our country you have gained skills such as leadership, flexibility, and agility, which will help to make you successful here. We are dedicated to supporting military families and ensuring that we provide a welcoming environment for our country’s heroes. We hope you consider joining the UniGroup family.
UniGroup is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, UniGroup will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Function Non-Exempt
- Pay Type Hourly
- St. Louis, MO, USA