Under general direction, creates service solutions for customers’ shipments using available capacity, ensuring on-time pick-up and delivery performance consistent with corporate objectives. Communicates with agents, van operators, vendors, and other personnel to maximize capacity utilization, profitability, and service while adhering to van line policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans and approves orders to available capacity in a manner that ensures high customer satisfaction and efficient use of resources.
- Documents agents’ positive and negative performances.
- Maximizes line haul revenue on loads planned, and maintains lists of available capacity. (Empty lists, inbound trucks, etc.)
- Independently communicates and negotiates with the agency system concerning order, assignment changes and unique orders requirements.
- Communicates with other Transportation Specialist, dispatchers, van operators, vendors, and customers.
- Reviews and maintains proper van operator rating assignments for monitored account shipments.
- Monitors agency workflow screens and communicates with the agents/ van operators to maximize utilization of equipment and other resources.
- Ensure weighing and reweighing procedures are followed.
- Enforces and ensures compliance with Home Office and Federal/State policies and regulations.
- Bundles and reviews orders, responds to quotes (TAG requests), sends G-11 notices, ensures that monitored customers are properly serviced, reviews pertinent reports and completes necessary documentation
- Makes independent financial decisions within limits established while keeping expenditures within department guidelines.
- Performs a variety of other duties as assigned.
Education, License or Certification:
- Associate’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years experience in transportation/logistics
- Job Function Exempt
- Pay Type Salary
- St. Louis, MO, USA