Under direct supervision, the Law Clerk provides support to the Attorneys of the Legal Department, and with an attorney’s direction, works with individuals seeking assistance through MoveRescue.
At UniGroup, it’s more than just a clerkship: UniGroup Law Clerks get the opportunity to learn about our industry-leading organization from the inside – witnessing firsthand our dedication to our people and our passion for serving others. They have chances to make connections and build long-lasting relationships with UniGroup professionals and experience the professional world in an organization recognized for customer experience, quality, innovation and safety. Most of all, UniGroup Law Clerks understand what it’s like to #LOVEWHEREYOUWORK.
UniGroup clerks witness firsthand the continued opportunity for our employees, whether it be working on a new project, heading down a new career path within the organization, or just continuing to develop existing skill sets in supply chain and logistics, finance and accounting, technology and innovation (and marketing, sales, HR, safety and legal in between). The UniGroup family prides itself on being more than a place to work – it’s a home to build a career. UniGroup understands the key to any company’s long-term success is its people, and we strive to empower, develop and support every employee, giving each one the resources and tools to thrive….and the extra perks sweeten the deal. Think on-campus fitness centers, food trucks, employee appreciation and family events, volunteer programs and tuition assistance in a collaborative, friendly and casual work environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works to assist consumers in understanding their legal rights and options in dealing with fraudulent motor carriers through the MoveRescue program.
- Supports UniGroup’s intellectual property protection efforts by researching new marks, researching potentially infringing marks, and writing cease and desist letters.
- Researches and analyzes law sources such as statutes, recorded judicial decisions, legal articles, treaties, constitutions, and legal codes to assist all attorneys in the department with a wide variety of projects.
- Performs a variety of other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Current enrollment in an accredited law school – must be completing 1L or 2L years in May 2021
- Previous experience in customer service; experience working with individuals in emotional and/or complex situations
- The position will be full-time hours during the summer season, and then transition to part-time once the fall semester begins
At UniGroup, we foster diversity, in part, by imposing a strict policy of non-discrimination. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or other status protected by the law.
UniGroup is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, UniGroup will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.
- Job Function Non-Exempt
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- St. Louis, MO, USA