International Move Coordinator
Under general direction, the International Move Manager designs and administers all activities related to managing the moves of key International National Accounts and commercial customers for UniGroup. The International Move Manager coordinates the move with the corporate account and the customer to ensure an efficient and worry-free move, coordinates the movement of international shipments worldwide with underlying carriers, and coordinates the movement of personal household effects in close coordination with clients (accounts), customers and booking agents. The International Move Manager develops international rate quotations and routings, counsels shippers on all stages of the move and follows up on the moving experience with the shipper after delivery and assists in resolving claims issues, as required, monitoring and supporting the activities of other International Move Managers.
At UniGroup, it’s more than just a job: UniGroup employees get the opportunity to learn about our industry-leading organization in transportation solutions from the inside – witnessing firsthand our dedication to our people and our passion for serving others. They have chances to make connections and build long-lasting relationships with UniGroup professionals and experience the professional world in an organization recognized for customer experience, quality, innovation and safety. They experience how our core values: drive, collaborate and deliver, encourage open-minded, innovating employees and welcome diverse perspectives, and they see our passion for our relationships with each other, our customers, our agents and suppliers, and our communities. And most of all, UniGroup employees understand what it’s like to #LOVEWHEREYOUWORK.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains excellent customer service.
- Develops and maintains a high level of experience in managing all aspects of international moves.
- Coordinates the workflow within the region and team ensuring essential tasks are accomplished.
- Assumes responsibility for bookings, closing ratios, and profitability of assigned region.
- Constructs and adjudicates competitive and accurate rate quotations and shipment routings.
- Interprets overseas partner rate agreements.
- Coordinates the movement of shipments by underlying carriers (air, sea, land, and rail) and ensures they are moved via quoted services.
- Updates shipment status reports to Corporate Customer and Relocating Customer.
- Contacts Port Agents, underlying carriers, and other service providers to ensure the International Trafficking System is maintained as current as possible.
- Explains overseas customs regulations to agents, national accounts, and customers.
- Ensures that proper documentation is received and correctly distributed to avoid shipment delays and additional costs.
- Explains UniGroup Worldwide/Allegiant Move Management procedures to agency and partner family, as it relates to performance as origin, destination, or booking agent.
- Reviews invoices from underlying service providers which exceed projected costs and furnishes International Revenue Accounting with payment/billing instructions.
- Answers inquiries from agents, national accounts, customers, and underlying carriers.
- Performs a variety of other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, related, or equivalent experience
- A MINIMUM of 2+ years of experience in international forwarding
We foster diversity, in part, by imposing a strict policy of non-discrimination. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or other status protected by the law.
UniGroup is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, UniGroup will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.
- Job Function Exempt
- Pay Type Salary
- St. Louis, MO, USA