At UniGroup, it’s more than just a job: UniGroup employees get the opportunity to learn about our industry-leading organization in transportation solutions from the inside – witnessing firsthand our dedication to our people and our passion for serving others. They have chances to make connections and build long-lasting relationships with UniGroup professionals and experience the professional world in an organization recognized for customer experience, quality, innovation and safety. They experience how our core values: drive, collaborate and deliver, encourage open-minded, innovating employees and welcome diverse perspectives, and they see our passion for our relationships with each other, our customers, our agents and suppliers, and our communities. And most of all, UniGroup employees understand what it’s like to #LOVEWHEREYOUWORK.
UniGroup offers employees many different career paths, from supply chain and logistics to finance and accounting to technology and innovation (and marketing, sales, HR, safety and legal in between), and prides itself on being more than a place to work – it’s a home to build a career. UniGroup understands the key to any company’s long-term success is its people, and we strive to empower, develop and support every employee, giving each one the resources and tools to thrive….and the extra perks sweeten the deal. Think on-campus fitness centers, food trucks, employee appreciation and family events, volunteer programs and tuition assistance in a collaborative, friendly and casual work environment.
The Quote Specialist is responsible for performing the estimation process of creating a cube sheet and price quote by using a video survey of a potential customer’s household goods. Estimates are prepared for residential, national account and government prospective customers, both domestic and international.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use a video survey of a potential customer’s household goods to prepare a cube sheet listing all items in a household to be shipped/not shipped, and the appropriate packing materials needed.
- Identify all accessorial services required to properly prepare the shipment for loading and to service it at delivery.
- Make item notes to provide detail (such as fragile, needs special care, types of packed items, crating dimensions, etc.)
- Assess the need for third party services and obtain pricing.
- Obtain written approvals from warehouse for storage requests. Obtains rates/discounts for storage services.
- Prepare a comprehensive price quote for a potential customer’s relocation using the required quoting system while following company policies and federal regulations.
- Provide van operator instructions and any other special instructions required to successfully complete the move.
- Meet estimating productivity objectives and accuracy measurements as specified.
- Follow a workflow process from receipt of estimating request through providing an accurate cube sheet and quote to the Sales Consultant.
- Performs a variety of other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Associate Degree in Business Administration or equivalent sales process experience.
- 2 - 4 years of general business experience
We foster diversity, in part, by imposing a strict policy of non-discrimination. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or other status protected by the law.
UniGroup is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, UniGroup will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Function Non-Exempt
- Pay Type Hourly
- St. Louis, MO, USA