At UniGroup, it’s more than just a job: UniGroup employees get the opportunity to learn about our industry-leading organization in transportation solutions from the inside – witnessing firsthand our dedication to our people and our passion for serving others. They have chances to make connections and build long-lasting relationships with UniGroup professionals and experience the professional world in an organization recognized for customer experience, quality, innovation and safety. They experience how our core values: drive, collaborate and deliver, encourage open-minded, innovating employees and welcome diverse perspectives, and they see our passion for our relationships with each other, our customers, our agents and suppliers, and our communities. And most of all, UniGroup employees understand what it’s like to #LOVEWHEREYOUWORK.
The Sales Consultant is responsible for conducting pre-move surveys via remote video technology for residential, national account and government prospective customers, as well as calculating results and developing estimates based on survey results; and selling United and Mayflower products and services. Sales Consultants are required to fully understand the functions of video estimating technology as well as all product and service offerings available and have the demonstrated ability to recognize and offer value-added services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for using video technology to conduct pre-move surveys remotely that will be used to create a cube sheet and generate estimates for prospective customers.
- Responsible for presenting estimate to customer and explaining features and benefits to close the sale.
- Ability to interact with customers, set expectations and answer questions about the move process.
- Assumes responsibility for following up with customers to secure sales, clarify issues, and provide innovative alternative solutions.
- Responsible for meeting all sales objectives, close ratios, estimating accuracy, customer satisfaction targets, productivity measurements and all other objectives as specified.
- Must present a professional appearance when using video technology.
- Responsible for managing survey appointment calendar to contact customers and conduct video surveys.
- Ability to follow a task list to flow through the relocation process from scheduled appointment to booked move.
- Responsible for viewing videos and populating estimate related tools using spatial reasoning in order to generate a quote for moving services.
- Maintains database(s), analyzes sales-related data, creates/maintains various reports and contributes to company profitability by selling value-added services to customers.
- Must possess a strong attention to detail. Documentation must be completed effectively in compliance with company rules as well as federal guidelines.
- Performs a variety of other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Associate Degree in Business Administration or equivalent sales process experience.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in inside sales and customer service
- Self-starter with initiative and demonstrable record of meeting or exceeding performance metrics
- Effective communicator, able to match the message with the intended audience
- Organized, attentive to details, able to meet time deadlines
We foster diversity, in part, by imposing a strict policy of non-discrimination. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or other status protected by the law.
UniGroup is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, UniGroup will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.
- Job Function Non-Exempt
- Pay Type Hourly
- St. Louis, MO, USA