Manager, Engineering Management
QDivision is UniGroup’s Technology and Innovation Team, and we’re looking for an engineering manager to join us! Our engineers build products nobody has seen before and solve business problems that no one has tried solving before. While QDivision is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, we embrace a remote-first approach. This role does NOT require working on-site.
The Manager, Engineering Management is the interface between strategy and software delivery, focusing on a specific domain of the business and the teams therein. You will work directly with other cross-functional leaders to translate directives into deliverables. You will be a champion and trusted ally of the engineers entrusted to you, taking a keen interest in their growth, wellbeing, and success by delivering constructive feedback and advice, empowering them to get things done, and holding them accountable for results. You will ensure your team has a voice in the room where it happens. You will always be looking to improve yourself and your teams, pushing to innovate practices, processes, and outcomes.
Our Converge program provides container management, move management, and a marketplace that enables highly efficient transportation brokerage capabilities. The Platform Team is focused on the curation, integration, and design of durable and reusable components for consumption both internally and externally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises and manages teams of software engineers responsible for product delivery.
- Develops amazing software engineers - directly coaches engineers, setting them up for success every day.
- Supports technical decision-making by ensuring the right voices are in the room from across a wide range of disciplines: product, design, security, architecture, and engineering.
- Ensures teams continuously deliver value and communicates the value to stakeholders and across the organization.
- Ensures accountability for team outcomes and celebrations for their accomplishments.
- Works collaboratively with teams to set and manage expectations with stakeholders and leadership, with an eye toward their wellbeing and work-life balance.
- Builds and maintains strong cross-functional relationships with colleagues in other disciplines, including marketing, legal, customer engagement and experience, and more. We’re all one team and win together.
- Leads the hard conversations necessary to ensure a healthy and productive work environment.
- Makes hiring decisions with your team and escalates resource needs.
- Performs a variety of other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Relevant experience as an Engineering or Development Manager, or similar role
- A solid track record of leading large teams to successful outcomes
- A strong ability to understand product direction and be able to strategize an iterative, technical path to delivering it with others
- Strong build vs. buy judgment, and an understanding that engineering effort is a crucial resource to be spent primarily on empowering our business missions and not re-inventing the wheel
- General full-stack experience, writing front-end to back-end code for mobile and web applications that have shipped to a production environment
- Cloud experience, deploying code to AWS (or similar platforms) and integratinh cloud-based services (e.g. stripe, segment, hubspot)
- Experience working in agile environments
- A positive, self-starter attitude with a desire for growth, strong organization skills and effective time management, ensuring time spent is impactful and not allowing things to slip through cracks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, able to effectively communicate thoughts and opinions regularly
- A desire for continued learning and development, thinking creatively, and sharing knowledge with and learning from others
We foster diversity, in part, by imposing a strict policy of non-discrimination. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or other status protected by the law.
UniGroup is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, UniGroup will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Function Manager
- Pay Type Salary
- St. Louis, MO, USA