Customer Engagement Specialist
Customer Engagement Specialist
At UniGroup, it’s more than just a job: UniGroup employees get the opportunity to learn about our industry-leading organization in transportation solutions from the inside – witnessing firsthand our dedication to our people and our passion for serving others. They have chances to make connections and build long-lasting relationships with UniGroup professionals and experience the professional world in an organization recognized for customer experience, quality, innovation and safety. They experience how our core values: drive, collaborate and deliver, encourage open-minded, innovating employees and welcome diverse perspectives, and they see our passion for our relationships with each other, our customers, our agents and suppliers, and our communities. And most of all, UniGroup employees understand what it’s like to #LOVEWHEREYOUWORK.
UniGroup offers employees many different career paths, from supply chain and logistics to finance and accounting to technology and innovation (and marketing, sales, HR, safety and legal in between), and prides itself on being more than a place to work – it’s a home to build a career. UniGroup understands the key to any company’s long-term success is its people, and we strive to empower, develop and support every employee, giving each one the resources and tools to thrive….and the extra perks sweeten the deal. Think on-campus fitness centers, food trucks, employee appreciation and family events, volunteer programs and tuition assistance in a collaborative, friendly and casual work environment.
The Customer Engagement Specialist is responsible for customer communication via incoming and outgoing calls for the purpose of scheduling survey appointments for potential customers. This includes, but isn’t limited to, gathering information about the customer’s moving needs explaining potential service options offered by United Van Lines and Mayflower Transit, and serving as a knowledgeable and helpful first point of contact for customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for incoming phone calls, initiating outgoing calls to respond to online inquiries and processing electronic leads to schedule virtual or onsite appointments for move quotes.
- Acts as the first point of contact for potential customers, and a primary contact for agents and UniGroup surveyors to establish and coordinate the details of survey appointments and requests for quotes.
- Guides potential customers through a specified process to obtain needed information for their move in a professional and courteous manner and creates move opportunity.
- Introduces and gauges interest in various value-added services.
- Provides ballpark quotes for basic moving services (load, transport, and delivery).
- Provides quotes and sells stand-alone auto moves.
- Routes customers to the appropriate group/department for inquiries outside of the lead center scope.
- Performs cubing and estimating services for virtual sales team.
- Maintains lead center database, creates/maintains various reports as required.
- Responsible for meeting lead center targets and identified objectives.
- Performs a variety of other duties as assigned.
Education, License or Certification:
- Associate’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- 2-4 years of experience in a call center and/or customer service experience preferred.
We foster diversity, in part, by imposing a strict policy of non-discrimination. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or other status protected by the law.
UniGroup is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, UniGroup will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Function Non-Exempt
- Pay Type Hourly
- St. Louis, MO, USA