GOVERNMENT TRANSPORTATION ASSISTANT
Under general direction, the Government Transportation Assistant assists in obtaining, documenting, and communicating key information for clients of UniGroup or its operating companies. This includes ensuring that all aspects of moves are coordinated between clients, customers, transportation service providers and agents; and that all information from move initiation to billing and/or claims settlement is accomplished. The Government Transportation Assistant ensures that client representatives and customers are completely satisfied in order to maintain clients’ business for the long-term, and may also administer specific client program requirements to include quality scores, rate filings, cost analysis and customized reporting. The GTA will also assist in responding to customer service comments as indicated on the Customer Satisfaction Survey (CSS), and help monitor and proactively manage UniGroup’s military companies to ensure Best Value Scores (BVS) are maintained at the highest level.
At UniGroup, it’s more than just a job: UniGroup seasonal employees get the opportunity to learn about our industry-leading organization from the inside – witnessing firsthand our dedication to our people and our passion for serving others. They have chances to make connections and build long-lasting relationships with UniGroup professionals and experience the professional world in an organization recognized for customer experience, quality, innovation, and safety. Most of all, UniGroup seasonal employees experience what it’s like to #LOVEWHEREYOUWORK.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives move information from clients (federal government and/or corporate entities)
- Assists in the coordination of the entire relocation move process, provides or obtains required data/documents for entry into applicable databases, and ensures that the transportation service providers and/or agents meet or exceed defined expectations
- Communicates with customer on the details of their move
- Reviews and responds appropriately to military customer service comments received on the CSS surveys
- Works closely with Relocation Management Specialists, Quality Assurance Specialists in resolving issues in a timely manner
- Performs a variety of other duties as assigned
- Time Requirements: MUST be able to work 40-hours per week for the duration of the season
- Bachelor’s degree or currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Ability to successfully manage time constraints and work well under pressure
- Solves problems with strategy and analysis, and applies sound judgement in decision making
- Previous experience in customer service, transportation, or operations
- Experience with Microsoft Excel or Access preferred
At UniGroup, we foster diversity, in part, by imposing a strict policy of non-discrimination. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or other status protected by the law.
UniGroup is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, UniGroup will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Function Non-Exempt
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Required Education Some College
- St. Louis, MO, USA