Government Transportation Intern
Government Transportation Intern
At UniGroup, it’s more than just an internship: UniGroup interns get the opportunity to learn about our industry-leading organization from the inside – witnessing firsthand our dedication to our people and our passion for serving others. They have chances to make connections and build long-lasting relationships with UniGroup professionals and experience the professional world in an organization recognized for customer experience, quality, innovation and safety. Most of all, UniGroup interns get to #LOVEWHEREYOUWORK.
UniGroup interns witness firsthand the continued opportunity for our employees, whether it be working on a new project, heading down a new career path within the organization, or just continuing to develop existing skill sets in supply chain and logistics, finance and accounting, technology and innovation (and marketing, sales, HR, safety and legal in between). The UniGroup family prides itself on being more than a place to work – it’s a home to build a career.
Under general direction, the Government Transportation Intern assists in obtaining, documenting and communicating key information for clients of UniGroup or its operating companies, ensuring that all aspects of moves are coordinated between clients, customers, transportation service providers and agents; and that all information from move initiation to billing and/or claims settlement is accomplished. The Government Transportation Intern ensures that client representatives and customers are completely satisfied in order to maintain clients’ business for the long-term by administering specific client program requirements to include quality scores, rate filings, cost analysis and customized reporting, assisting with responses to customer service comments as indicated on the Customer Satisfaction Survey (CSS), and by helping to monitor and proactively manage UniGroup’s military companies to ensure Best Value Scores (BVS) are maintained at the highest level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives move information from clients (federal government and/or corporate entities)
- Assists in the coordination of the entire relocation move process, provides or obtains required data/documents for entry into applicable databases, and ensures that the transportation service providers and/or agents meet or exceed defined expectations
- Communicates with customer on the details of their move
- Reviews and responds appropriately to military customer service comments received on the CSS surveys
- Works closely with Relocation Management Specialists, Quality Assurance Specialists in resolving issues in a timely manner
- Performs a variety of other duties as assigned
- Education, License or Certification:
- Currently enrolled college students working towards a bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics, Communications, or related, at the sophomore level or above
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher and a Professor Recommendation preferred
- Previous job (full-time, part-time, or internship) experience required
At UniGroup, we foster diversity, in part, by imposing a strict policy of non-discrimination. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or other status protected by the law.
UniGroup is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, UniGroup will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Michelle Kann, Talent Acquisition Specialist, email@example.com, or Eric Hubbard, HR Employee Relations Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Function Non-Exempt
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Internship
- St. Louis, MO, USA