Software Development Solutions - Senior Software Engineer
Under general supervision, the Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for analysis, management and modification of UniGroup’s legacy programs and mainframe modules, including gathering requirements, creating documentation, coding and testing of new and existing modules for major modifications to legacy applications. This role will focus on our mainframe systems, and requires strong planning, estimating, collaboration, application design/development and communication skills. Our Senior Software Engineers have strong technical expertise, proven backgrounds in managing client and user requirements and expectations, and working in an Agile, collaborative environment.
Company Overview: At UniGroup, it’s more than just a job: UniGroup employees get the opportunity to learn about our industry-leading organization in transportation solutions from the inside – witnessing firsthand our dedication to our people and our passion for serving others. They have chances to make connections and build long-lasting relationships with UniGroup professionals and experience the professional world in an organization recognized for customer experience, quality, innovation, and safety. Through our values of drive, collaborate and deliver, we encourage our employees to be open-minded and innovative. Diverse perspectives are welcomed and our relationships with each other, our customers, agents, suppliers, and our communities are valued. Most of all, UniGroup employees get to #LOVEWHEREYOUWORK.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leverages agile strategies to understand and solve business problems while collaborating on technical decisions and their implantation.
- Consistently engages as a member of self-organized high-performing team focused on delivering continuous value.
- Identifies, analyzes, and documents business/technical requirements and systems specifications.
- Performs software coding, develops, and executes software test plans, implements/deploys information systems, and coordinates efforts among several developers during systems development process.
- Leverages knowledge of mainframe frameworks, batch processing design and the architecture and infrastructure of legacy systems at an enterprise scale for fault-tolerant solutions with exceptional quality.
- Communicates status of assigned work to management and follows practices and procedures covered by precedents, standards, or policies.
- Utilizes the following tools: COBOL, CICS, Mainframe, DB2, TSO, and JCL to run batch jobs.
- Performs a variety of other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- MINIMUM of FIVE (5) years of development/programming experience: analysis, coding, testing, debugging, implementation, documentation.
- Strong technical experience with mainframe technologies, including COBOL, CICS, TSO, VSAM and JCL. Experience with DB2 is strongly preferred.
- Passion for mainframe technologies, and the initiative to solve complex problems collaboratively and effectively.
We foster diversity, in part, by imposing a strict policy of non-discrimination. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or other status protected by the law.
We value the unique skills and experiences that veterans and separated service members bring to our workforce. While serving our country you have gained skills such as leadership, flexibility, and agility, which will help to make you successful here. We are dedicated to supporting military families and ensuring that we provide a welcoming environment for our country’s heroes. We hope you consider joining the UniGroup family.
UniGroup is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, UniGroup will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Function Exempt
- Pay Type Salary
- St. Louis, MO, USA