At UniGroup, it’s more than just a job: UniGroup employees get the opportunity to learn about our industry-leading organization from the inside – witnessing firsthand our dedication to our people and our passion for serving others. They have chances to make connections and build long-lasting relationships with UniGroup professionals and experience the professional world in an organization recognized for customer experience, quality, innovation and safety. Most of all, UniGroup employees get to #LOVEWHEREYOUWORK.
Under general direction, the Transportation Specialist creates service solutions for customers’ shipments using available capacity, ensuring on-time pick-up and delivery performance consistent with corporate objectives, communicates with agents, van operators, vendors, and other personnel to maximize capacity utilization, profitability, and service while adhering to van line policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans and approves orders to available capacity in a manner that ensures high customer satisfaction and efficient use of resources.
- Documents agents’ positive and negative performances.
- Maximizes line haul revenue on loads planned and maintains lists of available capacity. (Empty lists, inbound trucks, etc.)
- Independently communicates and negotiates with the agency system concerning order, assignment changes and unique orders requirements.
- Communicates with other Transportation Specialist, dispatchers, van operators, vendors, and customers.
- Reviews and maintains proper van operator rating assignments for monitored account shipments.
- Monitors agency workflow screens and communicates with the agents/ van operators to maximize utilization of equipment and other resources.
- Ensure weighing and reweighing procedures are followed.
- Enforces and ensures compliance with Home Office and Federal/State policies and regulations.
- Bundles and reviews orders, responds to quotes (TAG requests), sends G-11 notices, ensures that monitored customers are properly serviced, reviews pertinent reports and completes necessary documentation
- Makes independent financial decisions within limits established while keeping expenditures within department guidelines.
- Performs a variety of other duties as assigned.
- Education: Associate degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience
- Experience: 3-5 years’ experience in transportation/logistics
We foster diversity, in part, by imposing a strict policy of non-discrimination. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or other status protected by the law.
UniGroup is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, UniGroup will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Michelle Kann, Talent Acquisition Specialist, 636-305-4483 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Function Exempt
- Pay Type Salary
- Fenton, MO, USA