Air Freight Specialist
Air Freight Specialist
At UniGroup, it’s more than just a job: UniGroup employees get the opportunity to learn about our industry-leading organization from the inside – witnessing firsthand our dedication to our people and our passion for serving others. They have chances to make connections and build long-lasting relationships with UniGroup professionals and experience the professional world in an organization recognized for customer experience, quality, innovation and safety. Most of all, UniGroup employees get to #LOVEWHEREYOUWORK.
Under general direction, the Air Freight Specialist is responsible for the coordination of domestic and international air freight routing and shipments, including contracts for space on air carriers, dispatching pick-up and delivery line haul carriers, and generating related transportation documents. The Air Freight Specialist researches and develops competitive rates and routings and provides quotes to our customers and maintains the same rates in our computer data bank.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Involved in all operational aspects of air freight forwarding, origin services, transportation, and delivery services for both domestic and international air freight routes.
- Constructs and provides related transportation documents.
- Ensures TSA and Company guidelines are followed.
- Reviews vendor invoices to ensure accuracy and competitiveness.
- Provides quotations to customers.
- Obtains and maintains pricing.
- Maintains customer/account relationships.
- Performs a variety of other duties as assigned.
Education, License or Certification:
- Associate’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in a corporate office environment
- Experience utilizing supply change management platforms, specifically CargoWise One
- Experience with both domestic and international air freight routing
*Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a Security Threat Assessment, background and drug screens.
We foster diversity, in part, by imposing a strict policy of non-discrimination. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or other status protected by the law.
UniGroup is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, UniGroup will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Michelle Kann, Talent Acquisition Specialist, 636-305-4483 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Function Exempt
- Pay Type Salary
- Fenton, MO, USA