St. Louis, MO, USA Req #14
Tuesday, November 24, 2020
Under general supervision, the Software Engineer formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding, documentation, coding, and testing required to develop or modify moderately complex information systems. The Software Engineer is tasked with building modern software to connect people with the transportation and moving industries through technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leverages agile strategies to understand and solve business problems while collaborating on technical decisions and their implementation.
- Consistently engages as a member of self-organized high-performing team focused on delivering continuous value.
- Shares in the ownership of the ongoing support of created software products.
- Identifies, analyzes, and documents business/technical requirements and systems specifications.
- Performs software coding, develops and executes software test plans, implements/deploys information systems, and coordinates efforts among several developers during systems development process.
- Evaluates vendor-supplied applications and deploys/integrates vendor-supplied software.
- Builds simple solutions to complex business problems through technology innovation and process improvements while owning the full lifecycle of each product.
- Leverages knowledge of design patterns, architecture, infrastructure, and frameworks at an enterprise scale for fault-tolerant solutions with exceptional quality.
- Communicates status of assigned work to management and follows practices and procedures covered by precedents, standards, or policies.
- Ensures the efficient development of effective information systems through a variety of duties including projection of budgetary constraints, generation/presentation of users’ training material, and expansion of personal knowledge of applicable technical platforms and applications.
- Performs a variety of other duties as assigned.
Education, License or Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years of experience in IS Development using Java and open-source tools and technologies
- Job Function Exempt
- Pay Type Salary
- St. Louis, MO, USA