Customer Care Specialist
Customer Care Specialist
At UniGroup, it’s more than just a job: UniGroup employees get the opportunity to learn about our industry-leading organization from the inside – witnessing firsthand our dedication to our people and our passion for serving others. They have chances to make connections and build long-lasting relationships with UniGroup professionals and experience the professional world in an organization recognized for customer experience, quality, innovation and safety. Most of all, UniGroup employees get to #LOVEWHEREYOUWORK.
UniGroup offers employees many different career paths, from supply chain and logistics to finance and accounting to technology and innovation (and marketing, sales, HR, safety and legal in between), and prides itself on being more than a place to work – it’s a home to build a career. UniGroup understands the key to any company’s long-term success is its people, and we strive to empower, develop and support every employee, giving each one the resources and tools to thrive….and the extra perks sweeten the deal. Think on-campus fitness centers, food trucks, employee appreciation and family events, volunteer programs and tuition assistance in a collaborative, friendly and casual work environment.
Under general direction, the Customer Care Specialist investigates, negotiates, and assesses solutions to resolve all types of customer concerns relating to shipment status, service, charges, billing issues, and delay claims.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds to verbal and written inquiries, including social media communications, from agents, shipping customers, national accounts, military personnel, other internal departments, and outside governmental agencies (DOT, BBB, Attorney General, etc.) on behalf of agents and Headquarters management regarding pre-delivery, post-delivery and delay claim concerns.
- Researches inquiry/concern thoroughly by reviewing the related file, shipping documents, computer system memo pad notes, and contacting all agents or Headquarters personnel involved.
- Acts as a mediator by frequently negotiating with all parties to reach an agreeable solution and may initiate a monetary adjustment to both agent and United/Mayflower funds requiring follow-up with agents and/or appropriate Headquarters departments.
- Processes Household Goods and Logistics delay claims manually and on-line using the provisions outlined in the tariff and authorizations given by management.
- Determines the financial liability for the delay or Goodwill Gesture claim.
- Notifies the Lead Customer Service Specialist or management of any difficult customer concerns requiring assistance.
- Generates reports utilized by staff.
- Monitors and logs daily feed of ratings and reviews related to United and Mayflower agent locations in order to investigate and respond.
- Recommends and helps develop methods for improving current programs and procedures using the information provided by agents and customers.
- Cross-trains and assists other department personnel as needed.
- Performs a variety of other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a related business field
- Job Function Non-Exempt
- Pay Type Hourly
- Fenton, MO, USA