Cargo Claims Specialist
Cargo Claims Specialist
At UniGroup, it’s more than just a job: UniGroup employees get the opportunity to learn about our industry-leading organization from the inside – witnessing firsthand our dedication to our people and our passion for serving others. They have chances to make connections and build long-lasting relationships with UniGroup professionals and experience the professional world in an organization recognized for customer experience, quality, innovation and safety. Most of all, UniGroup employees get to #LOVEWHEREYOUWORK.
UniGroup offers employees many different career paths, from supply chain and logistics to finance and accounting to technology and innovation (and marketing, sales, HR, safety and legal in between), and prides itself on being more than a place to work – it’s a home to build a career. UniGroup understands the key to any company’s long-term success is its people, and we strive to empower, develop and support every employee, giving each one the resources and tools to thrive….and the extra perks sweeten the deal. Think on-campus fitness centers, food trucks, employee appreciation and family events, volunteer programs and tuition assistance in a collaborative, friendly and casual work environment.
Under general supervision, the Cargo Claims Specialist investigates, evaluates, and adjusts claims for lost and/or damaged cargo and performs other essential claims adjusting functions for the Cargo Claims Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates and settles household goods and logistic claims for all lines of business.
- Evaluates claims for reasonableness, necessary action, liability, and compliance with federal regulations, operating tariffs, contract provisions, claims policies, and standard claim practices and procedures.
- Investigates and gathers information necessary to allocate settlement to the responsible parties.
- Demonstrates decision making authority and takes initiative to consider settlement options outside of the standard claims settlement guidelines.
- Communicates extensively with agents, shipping customers, military offices, installations, government bureaus, national account contacts and UniGroup personnel, verbally and in writing.
- Performs a variety of other duties as assigned.
Education, License or Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience
- 2 - 5 years of work experience in a professional business or office setting
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience in claims highly preferred
- Job Function Non-Exempt
- Pay Type Hourly
- St. Louis, MO, USA