Staff Accountant Corporate Accounting
Staff Accountant, Corporate Accounting
At UniGroup, it’s more than just a job: UniGroup employees get the opportunity to learn about our industry-leading organization from the inside – witnessing firsthand our dedication to our people and our passion for serving others. They have chances to make connections and build long-lasting relationships with UniGroup professionals and experience the professional world in an organization recognized for customer experience, quality, innovation and safety. Most of all, UniGroup employees get to #LOVEWHEREYOUWORK.
Under general direction, the Staff Accountant supports the monthly corporate accounting processes. The responsibilities of this role include participating in the monthly close process, financial statement preparation, account reconciliations, and special projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Takes responsibility for financial statements and general ledger analyses on specified accounts.
- Prepares month-end journal entries and reconciliations.
- Assists with monthly financial consolidation across multiple subsidiaries.
- Participates in the annual external audit and monthly financial statement closings.
- Performs a variety of other duties as assigned.
- Education, License or Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience in financial reporting and general accounting preferred, including an understanding of general accounting, debits and credits and the like
- Proficiency with MS Excel (tables, formulas, pivot tables, etc) required
- Experience with MS AX preferred
- English language fluency: reading, writing, speaking/articulating and matching the message to its intended audience
- Job Function Exempt
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- St. Louis, MO, USA