Corporate : Finance - Corporate Accountant
The Accountant I/Billing Specialist (Finance) is responsible for supporting key functional areas within Ultimus LeverPoint’s Finance Department. This role will be involved in generating quarterly billings across various departments as needed. This will include maintenance of the general ledger and financial reporting associated with invoicing. The Accountant I (Finance) will be required to have strong analytical and accounting skills, with the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner. This position will require regular interaction with team members and management.
- Support month end closing process and financial statement preparation, including account reconciliations, workbook and support schedule preparation, analysis of variances, and detailed review to ensure accuracy;
- Responsible for aspects of general ledger accounting for revenue, including quarterly client invoicing and accounts receivable. Requirements include development and maintenance of client contract fee calculation workbooks, calculation of hourly billings for selected clients, deferred revenue and accruals, general ledger recording, client billable expenses;
- Responsible for timely accounts receivable collections;
- Support external, annual financial audit for multi-office organization;
- Responsible for assisting with maintenance and reporting client contractual, annualized revenue run-rates across all business segments including fund administration, management company, and tax;
- Responsible for assisting with monthly department Actual vs Plan and Actual vs Forecast reporting, including variance assessment and forecast maintenance, through close collaboration with department Managers. Identify areas for cost reduction opportunities;
- Supporting accounts payable, assisting in allocation of client billable expenses;
- Assist with special projects or business initiatives as required.
- 0 – 2 years’ (relevant) experience in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred;
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field;
- Advanced degree (MBA, MS in Accounting) in Accounting, Finance or related field strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated proficiency in understanding of GAAP accounting methodologies required;
- Demonstrated proficiency in NetSuite preferred;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, with experience including lookup functions, pivot tables and macros. Strong experience with other Microsoft Office software (PowerPoint, Word);
- Excellent analytical, planning, organization, and problem-solving skills required;
- Ability to multitask, time management, attention to detail, planning and problem-solving skills required;
- Ability to communicate and interact professionally and effectively through written and oral communication with current and potential clients;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Pay Type Salary
- 5 Maxwell Dr, Clifton Park, NY 12065, USA