Manager, Credit Fund
The Credit Fund Accounting Manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of client Funds and communicates directly with the General Partners of the Funds. This position will require regular interaction with clients, team members and management. This position requires a mastery of complex private equity, and private credit accounting principles, the ability to oversee the complete financial reporting and capital call/distribution process and direct oversight of associates. This position serves as a resource to other members of the team, providing guidance, coaching, training and additional support as needed.
This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field with preferably 5-7 years’ experience in those fields. Successful candidates must have experience in forecasting and budgeting during an accelerated growth period. Experience in the following: performance management (including coaching, progressive discipline, performance review delivery etc.), training, talent acquisition and retention. Ability to communicate professionally and effectively through written and oral communication with current and potential clients.
• Oversee a team responsible for financial reporting and accounting of private equity and private credit fund clients.
• Demonstrate strong knowledge of alternative investment accounting, with a focus on private credit, private equity, structured asset/equity, and/or hybrid funds.
• Oversee the preparation and distribution of quarterly financial statements to the Limited Partners to report information regarding the performance of the Fund;
• Oversee the preparation of schedules to support the general ledger balances reported in the financial statements;
• Calculate, prepare, and distribute capital call notices to the Limited Partners to notify them when contributions are due;
• Understand and interpret terms set forth within the Limited Partnership Agreement;
• Calculate and review complex waterfall structures;
• Complete required regulatory forms to ensure the Fund complies with specific regulation requirements;
• Calculate and distribute proceeds to Limited Partners to return capital owed to them;
• Communicate directly with the General Partners and respond promptly to their requests to provide them with the information they require;
• Review investment packages to confirm the securities purchased are wired to the correct beneficiary and are for the appropriate amounts;
• Calculate management fees owed to the Management Company for the investment and portfolio management services they provide to the Fund;
• Interact with auditors and provide them with reports/support to assist them during the audit;
• Complete audit confirmations to satisfy procedures performed for the audits of the Limited Partners;
• Ability to multi-task between different tasks, client deliverables and internal demands throughout the day;
• Provide supervision, guidance and coaching to the team, including regular training support as needed;
• Continually updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; internal company and team trainings; maintains personal networks; participates in professional development opportunities and;
• Additional duties as assigned by management
• Advanced Responsibilities ✓ Demonstrate mastery of technical skillset including use of Excel and other software utilized by the Fund Team; ✓ Demonstrate mastery of subject matter when advising clients on various client questions or concerns;
• Consistent resource for other team members with regard to technical questions or questions pertaining to team processes and procedures; ✓ Conduct ongoing team trainings while providing input as to the continued training opportunities at a global-company level; ✓ Provide daily leadership across the team and the organization.
• 5 – 7+ years’ (relevant) experience in Accounting or related field, with a focus on private equity and/or private credit/debt;
• 5 – 7+ years’ supervisory experience in the following: performance management (including coaching, progressive discipline, performance review delivery etc.), training, talent acquisition and retention;
• Working knowledge of alternative investment strategies, and accounting for credit/fixed income, equity, distressed debt, CLOs, structured finance vehicles, and derivatives instruments.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field;
• Advanced degree (MBA or MSA) in Accounting or related field strongly preferred;
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license is strongly preferred;
• Experience in forecasting and budgeting during an accelerated growth period;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Knowledge of FIS Investran, FIS VPM, Advent Geneva or other partnership accounting software a plus;
• Ability to multitask, time management, attention to detail, planning and problem-solving skills required;
• Ability to communicate and interact professionally and effectively through written and oral communication with current and potential clients and;
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle/manage multiple team and individual priorities and deadlines.
- Pay Type Salary
- 5 Maxwell Dr, Clifton Park, NY 12065, USA
- Boston, MA, USA
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Columbus, OH, USA
- Denver, CO, USA