Senior Accountant I - Fund
Ultimus LeverPoint Private Fund Solutions professionals are employees who take personal accountability for their work, have a passion for excellence, are driven to achieve their full potential and understand the value of building relationships. Our team of professionals demonstrate strong work ethic, thrive on challenges and are dedicated to providing outstanding client service.
Senior Accountant I (Fund) is responsible for coordinating and delegating the overall day-to-day work of their particular clients. This position acts as a “Team Lead” to ensure that the day-to-day work and deadlines are completed as scheduled. Senior Accountant I (Fund) responsibilities consist of reviewing daily cash transactions, reviewing the general ledger for client funds, reviewing quarterly financial statements and related schedules, and responding to client and investor requests. This position will require regular interaction with clients, team members and management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
- Review of journal entries and maintenance of general ledger and/or preparation of entries where necessary;
- Review of quarterly and annual reporting packages prior to management approval;
- Review of quarterly and annual financial statements prior to management approval;
- Review of capital calls and distributions prior to management approval;
- Coordinate the delivery of capital call and distributions notices to clients and the investors;
- Review of correspondence with client investors to address inquiries as needed;
- Communicate with clients to establish deadlines for quarterly and annual deliverables in accordance with clients’ LPA requirements;
- Review all team wires/transfers prior to treasury approval and sign off;
- Prepare/review moderate to complex waterfall calculations and management fee calculations
- Assist in the development and training of new team members as required;
- Coordination and completion of special projects as directed by the client or as directed by management as assigned;
- Assist with new client onboarding;
- Ability to multi-task between different tasks and clients throughout the day;
- Continually updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; internal company and team trainings; maintains personal networks; participates in professional development opportunities and;
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
- 2 – 5+ years’ (relevant) experience in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred;
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field;
- Advanced degree (MBA or MSA) in Accounting or related field strongly preferred;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license is strongly preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with knowledge of Investran or other partnership accounting software a plus;
- Ability to multitask, time management, attention to detail, planning and problem solving skills required;
- Ability to communicate and interact professionally and effectively through written and oral communication with current and potential clients;Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle/manage multiple team and individual priorities and deadlines.
- Pay Type Salary
- Boston, MA, USA