Senior Accountant II - Fund
Ultimus LeverPoint Private Fund Solutions professionals are employees who take personal accountability for their work, have a passion for excellence, are driven to achieve their full potential and understand the value of building relationships. Our team of professionals demonstrate strong work ethic, thrive on challenges and are dedicated to providing outstanding client service.
Senior Accountant II (Fund) is responsible for coordinating and delegating the overall day-to-day work of their particular clients. This position acts as a “Team Lead” to ensure that the day-to-day work and deadlines are completed as scheduled. Senior Accountant II (Fund) responsibilities consist of reviewing daily cash transactions, reviewing the general ledger for client funds, reviewing quarterly financial statements and related schedules, and responding to client and investor requests. This position will require regular interaction with clients, team members and management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
- Review of journal entries and maintenance of general ledger and/or preparation of entries where necessary;
- Review of quarterly and annual reporting packages prior to management approval;
- Review of quarterly and annual financial statements prior to management approval;
- Review of capital calls and distributions prior to management approval;
- Coordinate the delivery of capital call and distributions notices to clients and the investors;
- Review of correspondence with client investors to address inquiries as needed;
- Communicate with clients to establish deadlines for quarterly and annual deliverables in accordance with clients’ LPA requirements;
- Review all team wires/transfers prior to treasury approval and sign off;
- Prepare/review moderate to complex waterfall calculations and management fee calculations
- Assist in the development and training of new team members as required;
- Coordination and completion of special projects as directed by the client or as directed by management as assigned;
- Assist with new client onboarding;
- Ability to multi-task between different tasks and clients throughout the day;
- Continually updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; internal company and team trainings; maintains personal networks; participates in professional development opportunities and;
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles, methods, procedures, internal controls with the ability to exercise good judgement in selecting and interpreting information;
- Excellent client service skills with an aptitude to understand the clients’ business and maintain strong client relationships;
- Dedication and motivation to achieve high standards of client service and professional in the performance of duties;
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, assisting in the coordination of the work of other team members;
- Advanced computer and technical skills, including the use of MS Office Suite and other financial systems;
- Ability to effectively provide team members and others with information, training and assistance as needed;
- Ability to understand and carry out moderately complex accounting procedures and analysis; preparation of work papers; general knowledge of financial reporting;
- Demonstrate sound research, interpretive and problem solving abilities.
- 2 – 5+ years’ (relevant) experience in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred;
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field;
- Advanced degree (MBA or MSA) in Accounting or related field strongly preferred;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license is strongly preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with knowledge of Investran or other partnership accounting software a plus;
- Ability to multitask, time management, attention to detail, planning and problem solving skills required;
- Ability to communicate and interact professionally and effectively through written and oral communication with current and potential clients;Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle/manage multiple team and individual priorities and deadlines.
Regularly scheduled office hours are Monday through Friday, 8am – 5pm. At times, as business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand;
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10lbs and;
Specific vision abilities are required within this position.
Occasional travel (approximately 10% or less) may be required in this position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees to perform the essential functions.
- Pay Type Salary
- 5 Maxwell Dr, Clifton Park, NY 12065, USA
- Boston, MA 02116, USA
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Columbus, OH, USA
- Denver, CO, USA