Product Manager - HRIS
The Wills Group, 102 Centennial St, La Plata, Maryland, United States of America Req #74
Thursday, August 6, 2020
Headquartered in La Plata, Maryland, The Wills Group has nearly 300 retail locations across the Mid-Atlantic region, including Dash In, Splash In ECO Car Wash, and SMO Motor Fuels. A family-owned company since 1926 with expertise in convenience retailing, fuels marketing, and commercial real estate, The Wills Group prides itself on keeping customers', employees' and communities’ Lives in Motion. For more information about The Wills Group, visit willsgroup.com.
The Product Manager is responsible for a wide range of critically important aspects of the business processes and software systems used to deliver products to our customers. The role requires time management, prioritization, communication, leading through collaboration, stakeholder management and the ability to change styles as they work at different levels of the company. The role will maintain the full product life cycle and work to balance short-term achievements with long-term goals. The role will conceive, define, test, deliver, monitor and remove processes and systems used to deliver the product to our customers in the area they are assigned. The Product Manager will be work closely with the business executive in charge to deliver on the established vision and goals.
We are a $1.5 billion company headquartered in La Plata, Maryland (an easy 45-minute reverse commute from DC) with nearly 300 retail locations across the Mid-Atlantic region, including Dash In, Splash In ECO Car Wash, and SMO Motor Fuels. A family-owned company since 1926, our passion areas are in convenience retailing, fuels marketing, and commercial real estate and we pride ourselves on keeping our customers', employees' and communities’ Lives in Motion.
Why You Should Join Wills Group
Our Wills Group employees come to work for more than just a paycheck, but rather they come to learn, make contributions, make an impact, and feel valued as a part of our family-friendly culture. We have a work-hard, play-hard mentality that makes us a progressive company and we thrive on giving back to our community. That is what is core to our DNA.
Benefits and Perks
Are you interested in flexible working hours, including telework opportunities, free parking, a modern work environment with monthly employee events, collaboration spaces, and café with unlimited soft drinks, coffee, and lattes? Then the Wills Group is just the place for you.
And we take pride in investing in our people’s well-being. That’s why we back our words with competitive total rewards packages.
- Financial Wellbeing –, employer 401 (k) match (currently at 7%), health savings plan, and financial planning
- Physical Wellbeing – comprehensive health, vision, and dental plans that meet the needs of our people
- Paid Time Off – Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Community Engagement, Parental Leave for new Dads and Moms
- Education and Development Opportunities – 100% Tuition reimbursement to support our people’s education goals
- Competitive Salary - competitive pay matched to DC Metro area
- Overall responsibility for vision and roadmap for each business process and system on assigned product
- Establish and maintain relationships with key business and technology stakeholders
- Establish and maintain annual budgets for each of the key software systems
- Facilitate and drive alignment among key stakeholders
- Drive frequent and dynamic prioritization decisions to ensure yearly goals are achieved
- Lead each of the projects agreed upon using standard project management toolsets and processes
- Ensure all aspects of the product are handled: human, organizational, process, physical, training and support.
- Continues optimization of business process and systems.
- Ensure everyone is aligned on the purpose of each system and how it adds value to the business.
- Work with stakeholders to create integrations between systems to ensure information silos and duplicate work does not occur.
- Integrate with innovation teams to keep new ideas flowing in the workflow
- Ensure system and processes create quality data that can be readily accessed by the business
- Ensure systems are kept up to date and are secure
- Ensure all processes are documents and kept up to date
- Work with support and field teams to resolve any daily issues that are escalated
- Stay current with business changes and innovation around the business product and systems.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited US university and 3-5 years of Product Management, Project Management or relevant experience
- OR 7+ years of Product Management, Project Management or relevant experience in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- Track record of delivering strong results on mission critical priorities that cross multiple departments. Experience in Retail a plus
- Customer and results focused
- PMP Certification a plus
Wills Group is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $97,360.00
- Max Hiring Rate $121,700.00
- The Wills Group, 102 Centennial St, La Plata, Maryland, United States of America