Warehouse Worker I
The Warehouse Worker I will have a direct impact on ensuring quality and food safety to our product as they are responsible special projects, labelling, housekeeping, and additional tasks that are assigned by the Supervisor. The successful candidate must be able to work in various capacities. Ideal candidates will have prior general labor experience involving consistent heavy lifting (ideally in a warehouse), have experience operating power pallet jacks, and are flexible to work all 3 shifts (day, swing, and graveyard).
- Support and execute best in class warehouse, material handling, and inventory management operations.
- Ability to remain alert and to operate all machinery and equipment; must perform job tasks in a safe and efficient manner to prevent injury to self and others in the team member’s work area.
- Responsible for housekeeping, grounds keeping, and submitting any required work orders for approval to ensure a safe and clean workplace.
- Conducts special projects such as rework, reclaim, recoup, repack, or other operational activities to support customer and business requirements.
- Ability to differentiate between acceptable and unacceptable product; take action to quarantine, communicate, and rectify any nonconforming products.
- Understands and displays teamwork across all shifts towards meeting departmental goals and metrics.
- Assist with dunnage, air-bagging, slip-sheeting, etc. as required to maintain teamwork and efficient operations.
- Understand and use computer, scan gun, and other warehouse technology to conduct efficient and effective operations.
- Completes necessary physical and virtual records for operational and audit purposes.
- Actively participates in safety activities, continuous improvement, and small-team problem solving.
- With the appropriate training, operate various warehouse and industrial equipment; maintain appropriate certification level.
- Identify, report, and provide potential solutions to any problems or issues.
- Assist in relief or backfilling the Warehouse Utility Tech as needed.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Must be 21 years or older at time of hire.
- High school diploma.
- Must be able to pass all applicable testing.
- Must maintain professional competency as outlined in training and qualification matrix for classification. Failure to demonstrate work performance standards in accordance with the training and qualification matrix standards will result in disqualification.
- Ability to train another team member in routine work responsibilities of the job according to standard operating procedure.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities, in a fast-paced environment while under pressure to meet changing customer demands, all while maintaining a high attention to detail.
- Ability to work with a minimum of direct supervision, which includes the ability to use independent judgment regarding work tasks.
- Demonstrates TWG core values and maintains professional communication, positive attitude, and cooperative relations with all team members and management.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude towards the job and the duties assigned; exhibit initiative to continually learn and improve professional skills.
- Ability to understand, and support management direction.
- Demonstrate and maintain an excellent safety, Food Safety/Quality, operational, discipline, and attendance record.
- Ability to comprehend and carry out oral and written directives. The team member must be able to read and understand verbal and written English.
- Ability to work any shift, inside and outside subject to current weather conditions, plus overtime as required by the company.
- Ability to perform repetitious lifting of weights up to 50 lbs. for substantial lengths of time throughout the shift, as well as tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting.
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Warehouse/Distribution/Logistics
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- The Wine Group, 17000 E. Highway 120, Ripon, California, United States of America