Racker and Blender I
The Wine Group, 17000 E. Highway 120, Ripon, California, United States of America Req #376
Tuesday, November 3, 2020
At The Wine Group we are passionate about our people, our future and our wine. We are America’s second largest wine producer by volume with over 1,200 employees globally across 12 locations in California, New York and Australia. We are proud to be responsible for many of America’s most beloved wine brands, including Cupcake, Franzia, Chloe, Concannon, Benziger, Imagery, AVA Grace, 7 Deadly and more. We are dedicated to our culture built on values like entrepreneurialism, innovation, social responsibility and stewardship. To learn about us and our career opportunities, check us out at www.thewinegroup.com and then come join the exciting journey at The Wine Group.
The Racker and Blender I is responsible for wine movement to and from various tanks, blending wine types.
SELECTED APPLICANT WILL PERFORM THE FOLLOWING DUTIES:
- Must be able to repeatedly climb 60 feet tank stairs/vertical tank ladders, enter tanks through the manhole and perform all functions of the Racker and Blender classification, including proper sanitation techniques. Enforce the Company’s work and safety rules.
- Must have excellent attendance, work performance and safety record. Must be able to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Must be able to read gauges accurately and calculations associated with Racker and Blender duties.
- Must be able to work overtime on any shift.
- Must be able to pass all applicable testing.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude towards the job, duties assigned and initiative to continually learn and improve Racker and Blender skills.
- Must have demonstrated to management a history of personal conduct worthy of this classification. This conduct includes agreeable compliance with the attendance policies, safety rules, and disciplinary policies.
- Must maintain professional competency as outlined in qualification matrix for Cellar classification. Failure to demonstrate work performance standards as evaluated by the (Supervision TBD) in accordance with the qualification standards will result in disqualification. Supervision (TBD) will have an end of week discussion with trainer and trainee to assess the progress of the trainee.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent preferred
- REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: Must be able to read, write and speak English. Must be able to comprehend and carry out written and verbal orders.
- EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Must be qualified as Cellar GWW
- SKILLS/ABILITIES: Must have physical ability to move, change and connect pumps and hoses to pipelines. This ability must include a familiarity with the winery pipeline arrangement.
- Physical Strength: Active work; Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs., occasionally.
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Winery Operations
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- The Wine Group, 17000 E. Highway 120, Ripon, California, United States of America