Maintenance Mechanic 2
The Wine Group, 85 Bourne St., Westfield, New York, United States of America Req #374
Thursday, October 29, 2020
At The Wine Group we are passionate about our people, our future and our wine. We are America’s second largest wine producer by volume with over 1,200 employees globally across 12 locations in California, New York and Australia. We are proud to be responsible for many of America’s most beloved wine brands, including Cupcake, Franzia, Chloe, Concannon, Benziger, Imagery, AVA Grace, 7 Deadly, Mogen David and more. We are dedicated to our culture built on values like entrepreneurialism, innovation, social responsibility and stewardship. To learn about us and our career opportunities, check us out at www.thewinegroup.com and then come join the exciting journey at The Wine Group.
A Maintenance Mechanic 2 worker is independently capable of working safe while diagnosing, analyzing, and investigating causes of equipment malfunction. This includes bottling line and plant equipment. Capable of maintaining or constructing plant equipment in a manner compliant with food safety regulation/requirements. Able to communicate concisely to management about technical issues and help form a resolution. Knowledge of boiler and ammonia system components is a plus.
- Diagnosing, analyzing, and investigating causes of equipment malfunction throughout the plant, including boilers, air compressors, wastewater and well pumps, basic plumbing, etc.
- Troubleshoot electromechanical systems by root cause analysis
- Utilize and maintain organized record keeping of time, materials and repairs using work order system
- Abide by all safety performance standards as set by site safety procedures including safe lock-out/tag-out of all energy sources.
- Function efficiently within a team environment
- Maintain strong working knowledge of bottling systems and equipment
- Must be 21 years or older at time of hire
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years experience in food and beverage industry doing methodical electromechanical troubleshooting on manufacturing equipment.
- Two-year trade school preferred
- PLC knowledge a plus
- Familiar with variable frequency drives, 3-phase AC motors, DC drives and motors, a variety of switches, relays, contactors and other control devices.
- Extensive knowledge of metal machining practices and welding practices
- Understand HACCP and GMP standards
- Familiar with 5s and lean manufacturing concepts
- Ability to multitask in between projects
- Self-motivated to work independently
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds at varying frequencies
- Work weekends and overtime when required
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, twisting in a manufacturing environment.
- Working environment is both indoors and outdoors, with exposure to related equipment and noise levels
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Facilities Maintenance
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- The Wine Group, 85 Bourne St., Westfield, New York, United States of America