Resident Monitor (Security), Panama City, FL
The Salvation Army, an internationally recognized non-profit, faith-based organization, has a job opening for a Resident Monitor/Security for the Panama City Corps Transitional Housing Program located in Panama City, Florida.
This position requires the employee to live on-site and be available as needed to assist with client and facility issues. An on-premises apartment with utilities is provided.
Monitors the activity of residents on an assigned shift ensuring safety, security and reporting on resident compliance to house rules; maintains accurate and complete records and logs containing pertinent information.
- Monitors the activities of the shelter residents ensuring safety and compliance with house rules; checks the security of all windows and doors; makes periodic rounds of entire facility; records any unique situations occurring on assigned shift.
- Responds to emergencies in a calm manner and initiates appropriate corrective actions in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Assists with all verbal and physical aggressions that might occur from residents. Requests law enforcement support if necessary.
- Keep unauthorized people off of the property after business hours, calling upon law enforcement if necessary and keeping Transitional Housing Director notified of incident regarding unauthorized people on property.
- Performs light non-skilled maintenance, runs essential errands, and helps ensure the neatness of the campus building and grounds.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work as needed during an overnight/3rd shift
- Ability to work on weekends as needed
- Knowledge of general office procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of basic recordkeeping practices and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients in order to control, lead, and motivate behavior.
- Ability to work with the public encompassing all types of behaviors.
- Ability to work independently and with limited supervision while enforcing established policies and procedures.
- Ability to drive a Salvation Army Vehicle
- Ability to meet attendance requirements.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate the English language.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations quickly and calmly while maintaining control and initiating the proper corrective action.
- Ability to perform combinations of sitting, standing, and walking on a frequent change basis. Distance of travel is usually within the same building.
Licenses and Certifications
Valid State Driver's License which meets Salvation Army driving standards
CPR and First Aid Training Certificate, as required
Materials & Equipment Used
Computer, General Office Equipment, Telephone equipment, Two-way Radio, VCR, Security Monitors, Switching Equipment, Metal Detectors, Individual Also-Test, Ontrac Drug Screening Equipment, The Salvation Army Vehicle and Passenger Van.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or G.E.D. and one year experience performing security or social service work preferred or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Limited amount of physical effort required associated with walking, standing, lifting and carrying light objects (less than 25 lbs.) 5-10% of work time.
- Work is performed in and around a residential facility and overall regardless of physical discomforts associated with changes in weather. An office is provided.
- Duties are a combination of standing and sitting.
- Work may require driving a vehicle where there may be discomforts associated with heavy traffic or changes in weather.
All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
To apply, please select the “Apply Now” icon at the bottom if this posting.
Application submittal period: April 15, 2021 - May 15, 2021
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Job Family FL-NON-EXEMPT
- Job Function Housing
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $10.50
- Max Hiring Rate $12.00
- Required Education High School
- FL - Panama City, FL 1824 W 15th St. 32401, 1824 W 15th St, Panama City, Florida, United States of America